`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on 1/1 Sterling Patch Cards

Question on 1/1 Sterling Patch Cards
I have been searching for some nice Fred McGriff patches lately and I keep seeing Topps Sterling 1/1 Patch cards on the bay. I have been reluctant to pony up the money for any partly bc of the price. I also noticed that my OPG has two Topps Sterling 1/1s listed for McGriff from 2008 and one Letter Patch card listed from 2007 Topps Sterling #'d /7. It seems to me there have been more than just two McGriff 2008 Topps Sterling 1/1s pop up on the bay lately.

How do I tell if they are legit or fakes? Is the OPG not list all the 1/1s for this set?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

RE: Question on 1/1 Sterling Patch Cards
Sterling makes a few cards of each player... So I think you need to find out how many different base cards are of McGriff and that should let you know . But just a guess.
Now doing research on one I own.. I am not sure... I would just stick to the ones in Beckett... At least there is a second party to verify those cards exist.

(10-17-2011, 12:16 PM)wampier Wrote: Sterling makes a few cards of each player... So I think you need to find out how many different base cards are of McGriff and that should let you know . But just a guess.
Now doing research on one I own.. I am not sure... I would just stick to the ones in Beckett... At least there is a second party to verify those cards exist.
Yeah...the cards have sweet patches, but the lack of info makes me leery to purchase one.

There are something like 5 different colored border versions of all the Sterling jumbo patch cards.

(10-17-2011, 09:42 PM)murrylove Wrote: There are something like 5 different colored border versions of all the Sterling jumbo patch cards.
That is definitely helpful, thanks!

(10-18-2011, 09:06 AM)zaccheus85 Wrote: That is definitely helpful, thanks!
Not sure if you're still considering the McGriff purchase but I encountered the same issue with an Orlando Cepeda patch. Two different 1/1's of similar design, with differing graphics, were recently sold on ebay and I just purchased one at my local card shop. Beckett, however, only lists one 1/1 jumbo patch. I believe the OPG is simply not up to date on these jumbo patches.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Everyone here is pretty much correct. I have seen as many a 4 1/1's for each player with different designs/colors around the border for the jumbo patches. Tony Gwynn was in the promo sheet with 4 1/1's, they used a sleeve patch quartered between the cards.

2008 also has a 1/1 for each base card in "Wood-grain" & "Silver" but these are just parallel cards no patches.

Also the 2007 Letter patches are #1/1 but there are 7 of them. One for each letter in McGriff. And the Sterling letter patches are from a gu jersey, not manufactured letters.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Ive seen a few HoJo's as well.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

I think they are real. I know of someone on another forum who owns 5-7 1/1 Sterling jumbo patches of Wade Boggs. They are slightly different colors and pictures.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%