`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flea Market Pickups

Flea Market Pickups
Went to Smiley's yesterday with the kids. Definitely an interesting place to visit. On the way in, saw an old guy trying to pick a fight with a guy in his late 20's. Don't know what they were arguing about, but I had the camera out and phone on in case they went at it. Nothing doing.

Found a table with about 100 or so 9 count pages full of junk. Skimmed through to see if anything worthwhile. Lady proudly told me 50 cents a page, and if I bought more than 20, they were 25 cents each.

Another table had old packs 3 for $1. I should have bought the 1993 Leaf, but passed. Maybe next week. He had 20 or so, and no takers on anything he had.

Next hit up a table that had a bunch of Vintage. Great looking cards from the 50's and 60's, with plenty of Hank Aaron. The prices were generally 3 to 4 times book value. Would not negotiate at all. Funny part was he had the commons in screw downs, but the Aaron, Banks, Yaz cards in top loaders with no sleeves. Should have taken a picture, didn't think about it.

Got a notebook with shees of cards for $5. In it were 20 or so Griffey Jr. Nothing great, but a bunch of inserts. There was the entire Nolan Ryan Pacific Advil set. I had hoped they book for more than I saw today. There was a 1988 Chef Boyardee complete set. And a 1984 Topps Glossy All Star 40 card set.

Would be interested in trading all the sets, preferably as complete sets.

RE: Flea Market Pickups
What u get griffey?
no org, please do not send trade requests