`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1996 Derek Jeter Mirror Gold went for over $4,000.00

RE: 1996 Derek Jeter Mirror Gold went for over $4,000.00
(04-12-2012, 10:47 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I don't think so if you look at the final bid it was a snipe bid unless he was not willing to sell it for less than that and I don't believe he did that. I was willing to pay $3,051.00 and thats 6 times over beckett. Some of his cards beckett is way under and others there way over. This is one of those way over cards.
Said it once and Ill say it again. The more I learn about collecting the less I pay attention to BV.

Sorry you missed your opportunity, itll come up again.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

I agree that a lot of the rare 90's inserts are undervalued in beckett. I have seen many griffey inserts sell routinely for 3-4 times beckett. It really depends on the card and who is bidding. I have been in some of those bidding wars! lol.
[Image: FPKkt.png]

Looking for any Griffey items that I don't have.

(04-13-2012, 05:00 PM)mvandall Wrote: I agree that a lot of the rare 90's inserts are undervalued in beckett. I have seen many griffey inserts sell routinely for 3-4 times beckett. It really depends on the card and who is bidding. I have been in some of those bidding wars! lol.
And its upsetting to me that this card went for that much money yet my Clemente rookie card which has been very well protected since I was a kid, could probably be graded a 9.5-10 would only be worth half this Jeter.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(04-13-2012, 05:21 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: And its upsetting to me that this card went for that much money yet my Clemente rookie card which has been very well protected since I was a kid, could probably be graded a 9.5-10 would only be worth half this Jeter.
It's all whats in high demand at the moment. Jeter cards are on fire. It's what people want and what our generation wants at the moment. Look at Bryce and Strasburg. Thousands for unproven players? Its supply and demand and whos hot at the moment.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(04-13-2012, 05:42 PM)kata78 Wrote: It's all whats in high demand at the moment. Jeter cards are on fire. It's what people want and what our generation wants at the moment. Look at Bryce and Strasburg. Thousands for unproven players? Its supply and demand and whos hot at the moment.
In my opinion, theprices on the harper and strasburg cards are insane. Where is the "investment"? The cards already book for so much. Both would have to be the all time best at their positions to come close to holding these prices.

(04-13-2012, 06:00 PM)mvandall Wrote: In my opinion, theprices on the harper and strasburg cards are insane. Where is the "investment"? The cards already book for so much. Both would have to be the all time best at their positions to come close to holding these prices.
+1 - I was thinking the same thing when the Jeremy Lin rookies were selling for $20K. What were these people thinking!! That card had absolutely no where to go but down, no matter what he did. The only great example I can think of where such a hyped rookie card continued to grow in value is the Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

(04-13-2012, 06:12 PM)katieneack Wrote: +1 - I was thinking the same thing when the Jeremy Lin rookies were selling for $20K. What were these people thinking!! That card had absolutely no where to go but down, no matter what he did. The only great example I can think of where such a hyped rookie card continued to grow in value is the Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome.
Yes, that is the only card. Look what he has had to do to keep that card up. It will go down some eventually.

Seller's descriptions never cease to amaze me.

"This is thee single scarcest and most coveted Derek Jeter rookie card, scarcer even than the famed T206 Honus Wagner, of which only 60-80 are known to exist".

First it's not a rookie card. Second, comparing it with a T206 Wagner is laughable. Manufactured scarcity and natural scarcity are two different things. I do wish you good luck though. If you want it, go get it Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(04-13-2012, 05:21 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: And its upsetting to me that this card went for that much money yet my Clemente rookie card which has been very well protected since I was a kid, could probably be graded a 9.5-10 would only be worth half this Jeter.
Yeah Clementes are probably the most obvious example I can think of being undervalued. I regularly see Graded 4s and 5s going for well over 130% BV on eBay.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(04-13-2012, 05:42 PM)kata78 Wrote: It's all whats in high demand at the moment. Jeter cards are on fire. It's what people want and what our generation wants at the moment. Look at Bryce and Strasburg. Thousands for unproven players? Its supply and demand and whos hot at the moment.
Its interesting to consider *whom* is buying these Bryce and Stras cards at crazy prices - are they collectors? The answer is probably 'NO'.

What did PT Barnum say?

Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.