`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Another question about a trade issue with the PO.

RE: Another question about a trade issue with the PO.
I haven't asked the other trader how they would handle it. I am sure he will do what's right. I was more curious how everyone thought it should be handled.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Something similar happened to me the other week. A trade coming to me was marked as moved to the ship facility but never updated after that, and then it randomly showed up in the mail one day.
[Image: lincecumbanner.jpg]

I'm having a similar issue except it's with an ebay return. The package went from MD to FL in 3 days and the last scan was at Jacksonville on 4/11 yet it hasn't been scanned delivered yet. I know it hasn't been quite as long as yours but I'm sure ebay will shove it up mine on this one.
[Image: schmufferbannercopy.jpg]

Derek I had this happen to me as well and then it went to me a few days later I would give it another week before you worry about it. Also the other guy can stop by the PO and complain.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

The only time something like this has happened to me is when I shipped cards to a guy stationed in England. It appeared to just hang in limbo for about 2 weeks, althought it was obviously in route and delivered.

I guess how I see it is that, A) It sucks and is unfortunate for bother parties in the trade, and B) Seems like it technically should probably fall on the sender as responsibile until it is recieved by the other party. Obviously this problem could more or less be a non-issue if insurance was purchased, but as none of expect this stuff to happen, we as the shippers usually bypass this added cost.

Sorry for you and the other trader. Here's for hoping it shows up.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

I would also give it a week or two, but if it still doesn't show up, the other trader should probably send you the cards back. I've had this happen before but fortunetly the cards showed up. I have lost all faith the USPS and insure everything near $100+
Collecting everything of Jorge Posada, especially these:

97 Flair Row 0 Legacy /100
97 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold /30
97 Score Reserve (etched foil)
99 Bowman Chrome International Ref /100
99 Skybox Thunder Super Rave /25
03, 04, 10 Topps Black
08 Heritage Chrome Black Ref
07 & 08 Topps M&M

You should hear the lame excuses I have heard from the people at the PO when I call. I googled the PO it was coming from to get a number to call to ask where it could be. When I googled the PO it had one review that said "someone in this PO is stealing people's mail." now that made me feel real comforted for sure.

I hate to have it fall in the sender but I don't know what else to do. I mean my cards arrived. It sucks though for both. My end was a 1/1 auto coming, he was getting that nice Ripken/10 and a booklet. Either way it's a crappy deal for sure.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

It should be split in my opnion as the other trader should not take the full loss especially since he sent his end. I don't think its his fault if he ships it and the Post Office loses it. That just dosne't seem fair either if he were to send the trade back as there has to be a medium ground. where both traders might not be happy but feel its fair. All these people saying sending the trade back to me is wrong so that would mean the other guy would be totally screwed. Derek I understand how you can be upset but getting half the cards back to me seems fair as he has no control over the Post Office and if you insure anything $200.00 or less it means nothing as they will just say it was delievered and there is no way to prove it. $201.00 and up the person will have to sign for it.

(04-13-2012, 05:17 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You should hear the lame excuses I have heard from the people at the PO when I call. I googled the PO it was coming from to get a number to call to ask where it could be. When I googled the PO it had one review that said "someone in this PO is stealing people's mail." now that made me feel real comforted for sure.

I hate to have it fall in the sender but I don't know what else to do. I mean my cards arrived. It sucks though for both. My end was a 1/1 auto coming, he was getting that nice Ripken/10 and a booklet. Either way it's a crappy deal for sure.

How come insurance was not used on such a high end transaction? Just saying...

I do agree with the above^ split it up. It isn't his or your fault but two wrongs don't make a right. He/she didn't mess up at all and neither did you, so I would think finding a way to split it would be the best solution.

(04-13-2012, 06:29 PM)Ghost_79 Wrote: How come insurance was not used on such a high end transaction? Just saying...

I do agree with the above^ split it up. It isn't his or your fault but two wrongs don't make a right. He/she didn't mess up at all and neither did you, so I would think finding a way to split it would be the best solution.
But give it another week and see if it pops up. Sometimes 5 days is not long enough.