`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997-98 Topps Jumbo Series 2 Break!!!!

1997-98 Topps Jumbo Series 2 Break!!!!
Also busted this yesterday. It was kinda disappointing because the cards were all sticky and some of the cards didn't come out worth keeping, but the only Insert that matter came out mint..
Here is what I got:

[Image: 1997-98ToppsBKBreak2.jpg]

Was very surprise at the kobe

[Image: 1997-98ToppsBKBreak1.jpg]

RE: 1997-98 Topps Jumbo Series 2 Break!!!!
I LOVE that generations set. Great looking inserts. Is it the refractor? Tough to tell from the scan. Great hit either way.

I could use the inside stuff MJ...I hope I hit this many PC MJ's tomorrow during my 4-box old school break (see your other topps thread, I need one from that one too!)

Well done!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Yup the Kobe is the refractors.. I was very surprise to get it. I'm thinking of making the IS set, I'll see how many more I need before I decide. Good luck with your breaks!!!

whooaaa

Very nice, if you don't mind, where are you finding the older boxes and at what cost?
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(04-11-2012, 12:18 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: Very nice, if you don't mind, where are you finding the older boxes and at what cost?
I got these off of a guy on ebay. He's selling some old topps stuff that he said he has in boxes he has in his garage. He's given me pretty good deals on a lot of the old school stuff. To bad he only has topps products.. LOL.

Nice hits
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(04-11-2012, 03:32 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice hits
Thanks

Thing I've found with older stuff where the enamal coating can get sticky is this - once you've opened the pack and taken the cards out, tap the stack of cards on hard surface, that breaks the cards up and doesn't leave any of the coating on the opposing cards. I normally give it two or three taps. I found this out myself while opening older boxes.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(04-11-2012, 06:49 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Thing I've found with older stuff where the enamal coating can get sticky is this - once you've opened the pack and taken the cards out, tap the stack of cards on hard surface, that breaks the cards up and doesn't leave any of the coating on the opposing cards. I normally give it two or three taps. I found this out myself while opening older boxes.
Thanks for the info.. Will try that next time.