`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your GF or wife was obsessed with a player

RE: If your GF or wife was obsessed with a player
I made a binder of Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees (commons), Jacob Hester, Chris Paul (made me sell them when he left), and a few other players for my lovely lady.

She does naughty things to them (not really but she does molest the jersey patches).
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

not a chance ..... do you know how much Tom Brady RC autos cost nowadays Sad

My wife is obsessed with ... wild guess ... Ian Kinsler. Hence why I made this my screen name. Just for her.

(04-09-2012, 03:28 PM)xxbigjohn79xx Wrote: More then likely you will be just wasting your money. She probably will think its cool for like 20 mins then the cards will be forgot about. If you want to score points take her shopping
Diamonds...........that will shut her up.............for a while...
Tongue
cards..........not so much
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I would, but Aaron Rodgers is way too expensive...
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(04-09-2012, 08:53 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: Diamonds...........that will shut her up.............for a while...
Tongue
cards..........not so much
LOL, Mr White Big Grin With some ladies it takes BOTH Tongue

Go for it, but don't just get the cheap basic cards. Splurge on a nice 2nd year game jersey that is serial numbered. That way she might see how cool it is to have a card that there are only 50 or 100 of in the world and that is also has a piece of a jersey that Tebow actually wore.
There is a nice 2011 Panini Playbook Tebow jersey on eBay right now that is #'d to 50 with a HUGE piece of jersey on it. Not sure what it will end up selling for, but right now it's under $10 and ends tonight. That would be an awesome start to get her interested, and way cheaper than buying diamonds.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-09-2012, 03:13 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I think so, it will ease things up when you buy cards because she is interested in them also.
+1000000
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I think it would maybe be a good thing. It might lead to collecting time being "US" time, and not seen as "YOU" time. Also, it shows you want to bring her in to your world more, and they last longer than flowers.

On the other hand, what if your other half loves someone / some team you can't stand?? I grew up in Bills country and became a minor Red Sox fan through friends. My last kinda girlfriend loved the Damn Yankees and was a fan of THE DOLPHINS!!!!!

I mean, there's friendly animosity, and then there's just no accounting for taste! LOL

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-10-2012, 01:48 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I think it would maybe be a good thing. It might lead to collecting time being "US" time, and not seen as "YOU" time. Also, it shows you want to bring her in to your world more, and they last longer than flowers.

On the other hand, what if your other half loves someone / some team you can't stand?? I grew up in Bills country and became a minor Red Sox fan through friends. My last kinda girlfriend loved the Damn Yankees and was a fan of THE DOLPHINS!!!!!

I mean, there's friendly animosity, and then there's just no accounting for taste! LOL
yeah im a huge tennessee fan and my most hated team is the gators...and she is from florida and her whole family loves them lol. its okay though, friendly rivalries are the best Big Grin
GO DODGERS!

[Image: vynHDAv.png]