`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Card Saver grading submission

OT: Card Saver grading submission
When I have sent cards in the past I have always used a card saver 2. I know this is the recommended method but is it required? I mean, when I purchase a nice looking card in a standard top loader it is extremely stressful attempting to remove that card and then fit it into the card saver 2.

Are there any paticular methods people use to avoid damaging cards when transfering between cases? It is said card savers are recommended because they are less likely to damage in shipping, but I would argue that the probability is equal to damaging it during the transfer process.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about, lol. Has anyone ever sent cards in to be graded that weren't in card saver 2s?

RE: OT: Card Saver grading submission
You can send them in what ever toploaders or magnetically you want you just won't get them back
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I saw if your card is important enough to send in, it's important enough to keep in a nice top loader or one touch. They're only a few bucks. But like lump said, you won't get them back.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

makes sense. Thanks.

Get some card saver III's for the thicker stuff. They recommend card savers for a reason. Easiest to remove without damaging your card. Anything they have to pry or flip can get damaged. Card savers are cut to avoid any shaking or moving of the card.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(04-05-2012, 08:35 PM)branesergen Wrote: Get some card saver III's for the thicker stuff. They recommend card savers for a reason. Easiest to remove without damaging your card. Anything they have to pry or flip can get damaged. Card savers are cut to avoid any shaking or moving of the card.
Yeah, but it's still a risk involved in doing that. I always assumed the used a razor to remove the card from the CS2 and that's why they recommend it. I just kind of feel the less a card is handled the better, plus with top loaders, it's easy to remove if you use tweezers to grasp the penny sleeve. The risk is then getting it into the CS2 safely. Typically load a standard card in about 1/10 of the way, then tap the bottom edge of the case on the desk. This causes the card to slide down without any extra pressure on the top edge. This is a very time consuming process though.