`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck black hockey...

Upper Deck black hockey...
Has anyone ever bought a box of these cards? I think they are great looking cards, but to pay almost $200 for just 4 cards. Just wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it or had good experiences with it. Feedback welcomed!!

RE: Upper Deck black hockey...
I've often thought about buying a box but it's a little out of my price range! Just look at the cards on eBay and you'll see why it's a high end product! Some gorgeous stuff with great resale value
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

I have cracked a ton of it and you can do great and just so so. If you can find it a little cheaper it is not bad. Its like a lot of product out there hit and miss. They are really thick cards and some of the rookies /99 sell pretty good.

its only 165 for a box of 09/10 on dacardworld take a shot!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(04-03-2012, 04:09 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: its only 165 for a box of 09/10 on dacardworld take a shot!
But all the key rookies are redemptions! Not sure they are still redemable.

(04-03-2012, 04:45 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: But all the key rookies are redemptions! Not sure they are still redemable.
It'd be close...I'm sure if you raised enough hell they'd take care of you in some way...either cards...or a restraining order Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Another thing to keep in mind is that Upper Deck Black is all... well... black.

Card designs primarily using the colour black such as Black Diamond and UDB are extremely condition sensitive in the sense that the contrast of white on black from chipping is more visible/noticeable. Especially more so with UDBlack because the cards are very thick which gives more edge surface area to catch against the side of its' packs.

All this to say that if you do want to take the gamble (which can be almost as lucrative as The Cup cards. Trophy Cuts are just that. Trophies. Can you say Gretzky AU / LORD Stanley Cut Auto dual card? That card is my holy grail which i will never see/own.) be extremely careful of how you open the pack so as to decrease the likelihood of chipping...
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

a little to rich for me at this time

to be honest i would stay away from it as with redemptions

if you thinking of spending that much might as well get something you know you will have live cards or be able to get the cards
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I personally would go after the OPC Premier about the same price and most but not all the key rookies are live in packs.