`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
USPS lost my card

RE: USPS lost my card
(04-03-2012, 11:19 AM)sonic311 Wrote: Would you guys say that the card in the new listing is the same card I paid for?
The Auto looks IDENTICAL!
the auto looks exactly the same

Jacoby--So usps delivered a package that was torn open back to someones house? Lol really
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(04-03-2012, 11:21 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Jacoby--So usps delivered a package that was torn open back to someones house? Lol really
Makes no sense huh?
No letter of apology or anything.

The seller got the card back and srewed you..that just makes the most sense to me
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

First find out from the seller how he packaged the card? Did he use a bubble mailer or a PWE? If it was a PWE then it could easily be ripped open by someone within the USPS (who might have been able to see through the envelope to see that it was a Magic auto) or even by one of the sorting machines and then later an employee saw the card and took it. However a bubble mailer would be much harder to know what is inside to make it worth ripping open and tampering with the mail, and if he packaged it properly bubble mailers are hand sorted so they don't get crunched by the machines.
Secondly, keep an eye on that auction however without serial numbering you aren't going to have much to stand on regarding the cards looking the same. They definitely look suspiciously similar considering the autograph itself and the autos location on the sticker and the stickers placement on the card. It is really tough to say for sure looking at the 2 pictures, but they sure do look a lot alike.
I wish you the best of luck in sorting this all out.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

from the current seller:

"I acquired this card at a local outdoor swap meet a few weeks ago. It was sold to me by a gentleman there. He sold sports cards and video game stuff. This particular item caught my attention. I shop around at such venues looking for good finds on the weekends. Why are you interested in how I acquired this item? I usually don't get asked this question. "

Ive heard of stuff like this happening before with the USPS. Good Luck to the OP and hope things can be resolved.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

(04-03-2012, 11:32 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: from the current seller:

"I acquired this card at a local outdoor swap meet a few weeks ago. It was sold to me by a gentleman there. He sold sports cards and video game stuff. This particular item caught my attention. I shop around at such venues looking for good finds on the weekends. Why are you interested in how I acquired this item? I usually don't get asked this question. "
Thanks for inquiring Jacoby, this info might come in handy.

I find it interesting that the sell claims he will send it in a screw down shield...Low and behold the picture of the card listed now is in a screw down shield
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(04-03-2012, 11:31 AM)djohn Wrote: First find out from the seller how he packaged the card? Did he use a bubble mailer or a PWE? If it was a PWE then it could easily be ripped open by someone within the USPS (who might have been able to see through the envelope to see that it was a Magic auto) or even by one of the sorting machines and then later an employee saw the card and took it. However a bubble mailer would be much harder to know what is inside to make it worth ripping open and tampering with the mail, and if he packaged it properly bubble mailers are hand sorted so they don't get crunched by the machines.
Secondly, keep an eye on that auction however without serial numbering you aren't going to have much to stand on regarding the cards looking the same. They definitely look suspiciously similar considering the autograph itself and the autos location on the sticker and the stickers placement on the card. It is really tough to say for sure looking at the 2 pictures, but they sure do look a lot alike.
I wish you the best of luck in sorting this all out.
It was sent in a bubble mailer according to the seller.

Is there anything I can do in addition to filing a claim throug USPS and eBay?