`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
UD Delivers - Spirit is Crushed

UD Delivers - Spirit is Crushed
Back in August 2010, I was fortunate enough to be the winner of a random in a group break and recipient of: 2010 Exquisite Football Exquisite Rookie Book Marks Y #d to 50. Sweet, it was all the rage. Unfortunately, as we all know the down hill spiral Upper Deck has taken and the issues they have had with redemptions, let alone these redemptions. On top of all that, when I entered the code, it said that it was already redeemed.

Obviously, I begin a dialogue with UD Customer Service. It was the most grueling effort that I can have ever imagined. I involved everyone that I have had contact with at UD (names withheld to protect the innocent). I can say I had close to 50 forms of communication, either via phone or email to try and resolve this issue.

So finally, earlier this month, March 9th to be exact. I received a package from Upper Deck and I was stoked, as they had indicated that they had begun fulfilling these redemptions. I open it up and my heart drops, as I see the letter "Thank you for your recent replacement request"......

This is what I received:

2010 SP Authentic Dexter McCluster 243/499

[Image: scan0140.jpg]

and

2010 Exquisite Ensemble Signatures DeMaryius Thomas / Mike Williams 24/25

[Image: scan0139.jpg]

WHAT?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I was not happy at all. And needless to say I went off....because most importantly, they showed NO consideration to me as a dedicated collector, who's basic sole collection focuses on their product. Here is an excerpt from my response:

But, I wasn't asked about replacement teams or players. You said you know about "Mr264"...I would have at least told them to find me a stinking SP Authentic 264/xxx, that may have made it a bit better. If the McCluster would have been 264/499, I might have felt that someone actually tried to make things right. But, I get cards that are half the value, minimum and players I could care less about.

Well today, I receive this:

2010 SP Authentic CJ Spiller 264/299

[Image: 10SPaSpiller.jpg]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upper Deck redeemed themselves and I have closure to this issue. Unfortunately, I don't have closure to the efforts that I had to go through to make my issue right. I no longer have the spirit to embrace the vastness of our hobby. With the exception of plodding along with the 264 PC and 2011 Sanzenbacher Super PC, I am pretty much done with the hobby.

I will honor the group break clubs that I have currently committed, but I will drop from those the following month as well. The majority of my trade bait bucket and list will be going up for sale or on to ebay. I have thousands of #d inserts and #d rookies to sell too. My completed SPx sets will be for sale, but not so complete, when I take out the 264/s. So look out for coming sale threads or feel free to beat the traffic. I don't have time to put together pricing. So, if you see something of interest, do a little research and feel free to make me a fair offer. If it is fair, most likely it will be yours. Some will be harder to get than others.

Anyways, just a thank you to all the collectors in our hobby.

RE: UD Delivers - Spirit is Crushed
Im sorry you had to go through these troubles Bob. Everyone knows you are probably one of the most (if not the most) dedicated UD collectors out there. It is great that they sent you the sweet spiller, but you sure did have to go through a lot to get it.

Sad

i am so sorry my friend...i HATE to see this and the crap you had to deal with..NOT FAIR for a guy like yourself..your too good of a dude! i just wish i could say something to help..but i have had the same feelings for some of these card companys for years....i havent busted hardly ANY boxes since Panini took over Donruss and UD hit the wall...before that really..
i absolutely LOVED their products....make me sad about you bro...i have always looked up to you and your collecting habits......those people should know better.
Sad
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

This is their typical customer service, as parcelling out crumbs to assuage the "customer" into not calling by sending SOMETHING!! They don't even take care of their "Diamond Club" anymore my bud told me, as he had requested replacements and they didn't do squat for him.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

With all this talk about UD and Panini, what are your thoughts on Topps. Been thinking about just collecting topps cards.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

Thats what I am leaning towards... just buying topps... unless it is a real nice high end panini product that just released I wont buy it... not worth it... and well upper deck (Do I really need to say anything about them?)

(03-31-2012, 12:44 PM)bigdehart64 Wrote: With all this talk about UD and Panini, what are your thoughts on Topps. Been thinking about just collecting topps cards.
Looking to trade for Rey Maualuga, Attempting a Super Collection
174/457 = 38% (not including 1/1)
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/donbickle707/

[Image: sig.png]

I'm sorry that happened
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Sorry to hear that Bob. At least they hooked you up with a sweet 264!!!! Never did hear back from you about those 98 SPXs.
Finally Completed!!!
[Image: CruzRainbow_zpsabe5dffb.jpg]

STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

That's odd that they happened to have that one still in stock.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.