`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calling all Northeast Ohio collectors

RE: Calling all Northeast Ohio collectors
(04-01-2012, 11:36 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: Why is there so many Yankees collectors and fans in here, they are the enemy. we had a good rivalry going with them back when the Tribe was a contender. Anyone remember Bill Selby's walkoff grandslam against Rivera when they score like 6-7 runs in that inning to comeback and win. I dont think I can remember ever watching a more exciting game.
I guess thats like asking how do you collect Jordan? He was the nemesis of the Cavs. What was it 3 or 4 times Jordan kept the Cavs from making the finals lol.... I was at the 4th of July game NY @ CLE last year.I swore there were more Yankees jerseys in the crowd than Cleveland. Bummer the Yanks lost. Its funny, Ive been to 10-15 Yankees games in my time and I have NEVER seen them win lol.... Guess Im just bad luck for them lol....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(04-02-2012, 03:15 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I guess thats like asking how do you collect Jordan? He was the nemesis of the Cavs. What was it 3 or 4 times Jordan kept the Cavs from making the finals lol.... I was at the 4th of July game NY @ CLE last year.I swore there were more Yankees jerseys in the crowd than Cleveland. Bummer the Yanks lost. Its funny, Ive been to 10-15 Yankees games in my time and I have NEVER seen them win lol.... Guess Im just bad luck for them lol....
You make a good point on Jordan kicking the crap out of the Cavs, thankfully i was only 9-10 yrs old back then so it didnt mean as much to me seeing cleveland lose. As far as the Yankees jerseys in cleveland, that was my whole point, where the heck do you people come from. back in mid to late 90's no one would be caught dead wearing a yanks jersey at the Jake! Since I dislike the Yankees almost as much as the Steelers I hope you go to all 162 yankees games this year, 0-162 woudl have to be a record!!! lol
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Captnemo- imagine this if you can..... I was at opening week at the new Yankee stadium back in 09 and guess what, they played the Indians. And what happened game one? yea Indians beat us 10-2 , we then won the next game which was sweet. But then the third day what an embarrassment!!!!!! 22-4 WHAT @_@ !!!!!!! It was crazy I was whiping out my license and showing everyone I was from Ohio and representing the Tribe, lol!!!!

Side note we showed up 3hrs early to the stadium just to check it all out. We went to the rt field blechers near the field to watch them warm up. We were bno more than 10 feet from all of them, C.C., Andy, A.J., Swish, Joba, Jorge (Jeter and Arod and Cano stayed in the infield). Anyway once they started batting practice believe it or not Joba and C.C were field fly balls, then started signing autos. -side story -(I wanted to buy a jersey all weekend but didnt want to spend 150+ so we went into a finish line and I found a Joba jersey on sale from the the final season in the old stadium on sale for $20!!! so I scooped it up.) Joba came over and started to sign I ripped that jersey off so fast and laid it out and wouldnt you know he signed it right on the back abouve his number!!!!!! I was so pumped. I folded it real neat and went to the gift shop bought a yankees t-2hirt for 30 and put the jersey in the bag. (to bad Joba isnt turning out to be what he couldve been)

Anyways it was a sweet memory I will never forget. Oh yea our seats were 20 rows behind home plate it was amazing. I can post pics if you guys would like.

(04-02-2012, 05:50 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Captnemo- imagine this if you can..... I was at opening week at the new Yankee stadium back in 09 and guess what, they played the Indians. And what happened game one? yea Indians beat us 10-2 , we then won the next game which was sweet. But then the third day what an embarrassment!!!!!! 22-4 WHAT @_@ !!!!!!! It was crazy I was whiping out my license and showing everyone I was from Ohio and representing the Tribe, lol!!!!

Side note we showed up 3hrs early to the stadium just to check it all out. We went to the rt field blechers near the field to watch them warm up. We were bno more than 10 feet from all of them, C.C., Andy, A.J., Swish, Joba, Jorge (Jeter and Arod and Cano stayed in the infield). Anyway once they started batting practice believe it or not Joba and C.C were field fly balls, then started signing autos. -side story -(I wanted to buy a jersey all weekend but didnt want to spend 150+ so we went into a finish line and I found a Joba jersey on sale from the the final season in the old stadium on sale for $20!!! so I scooped it up.) Joba came over and started to sign I ripped that jersey off so fast and laid it out and wouldnt you know he signed it right on the back abouve his number!!!!!! I was so pumped. I folded it real neat and went to the gift shop bought a yankees t-2hirt for 30 and put the jersey in the bag. (to bad Joba isnt turning out to be what he couldve been)

Anyways it was a sweet memory I will never forget. Oh yea our seats were 20 rows behind home plate it was amazing. I can post pics if you guys would like.
That would be sweet. Im going to NYC for the 4th this year and wouldnt you know it.... the Yankees are on a long road trip. I wanted to cry. But I did score 2 tix for Roger Waters "The Wall" Live at Yankees Stadium that weekend. That more than makes up for not getting to see a ballgame. At least I still get to check out the stadium.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Another Canton member here.

I dont love the N. Canton show because there's alot of football and I only collect baseball.

Quick Q, is Rick's the place further up Cleveland Ave in North Canton?
I Collect: Helton, Clemens, Dunn, Piazza, Ryan, Brook Jacoby, Braun, Harper, Strasburg, and Verlander

AND I'M WILLING TO TRADE BASE 4 BASE. REALLY!!!
COMC: JasonsCards

(04-02-2012, 08:08 PM)rtcrules Wrote: Another Canton member here.

I dont love the N. Canton show because there's alot of football and I only collect baseball.

Yea ricks is in n canton by Hoover HS. He has singles at book price and packs and boxes high end prices. HOF cards down by 30th and the PO is good for packs and old boxes. He runs a show in alliance his name is Jim tozzi, ok guy!! I like cardboard dreams up in Akron. If you follow Cleve ave north for about another 30 min it's up on the left. It's Ernie the chubby guy that sets up at the shiw and sells only boxes

(04-02-2012, 08:14 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Yea ricks is in n canton by Hoover HS. He has singles at book price and packs and boxes high end prices. HOF cards down by 30th and the PO is good for packs and old boxes. He runs a show in alliance his name is Jim tozzi, ok guy!! I like cardboard dreams up in Akron. If you follow Cleve ave north for about another 30 min it's up on the left. It's Ernie the chubby guy that sets up at the shiw and sells only boxes
Go to Jim's alot, Go to Ernie's if I take my wife to work. She's a manager at the Wendy's in Springfield. I've only been to Rick's once and it felt like, maybe cause I'd never been there before he had to talk to me like I'm a 5 yr old.
I Collect: Helton, Clemens, Dunn, Piazza, Ryan, Brook Jacoby, Braun, Harper, Strasburg, and Verlander

AND I'M WILLING TO TRADE BASE 4 BASE. REALLY!!!
COMC: JasonsCards

(04-02-2012, 08:08 PM)rtcrules Wrote: Another Canton member here.

Ricks sucks man. Bedrock sports in North Canton was the best, once they shut down in 2000 there really was no place left to go other than the holiday inn show. I enjoy going into HOF on cleveland ave and buying a few vintage boxes a few times a year. He is a good guy and always hands out the hobby topps freebies with a purchase.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]