`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?

RE: OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?
I would start off by paying off my debt and my families' debt and then put away money for college funds for my son and three stepdaughters.

I would retire from my current job and start my new career as a professional railfan. I would hire a crew to edit and post all of my pictures and video to my web site.

After buying a ton of cases and boxes of baseball cards, I would hit COMC and purchase every Yankee card on there that I don't have. I would then hire someone to input all of these cards into my Beckett organize.

I love the topic.

Cash option is $389 million. I would talk to an accountant friend and/or an attorney to see how I could claim the money anonymously. I would take the cash, pay about $150 million in taxes. I would pay off my debts, which are peanuts compared to the amount of money I would have left, and buy a little nicer house and cars for my wife and I. Then I would give a good chunk to my church and other charitable orgs. Then I would invest the rest in tax-exempt bonds and, hopefully, never pay another penny in taxes on this money. Then go in to work like nothing ever happend. I would then buy cases of cards all the time off of my interest and build my PC. Wishful thinking, I know, but hey, it's fun to dream!
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

I would take the payments. They are pre-tax so you have a much larger sum invested and you don't have to pay taxes until you receive the payments... But with a sum that large I don't think it would much matter.

Ray

Buy big a$$ homes in Miami, Los Angeles, Tuscany, St. John VI. Buy a fleet of Lambourginis and Ferraris. Go to Vegas 12 times a year and throw down huge amounts of money on the craps table. Become addicted to cocaine and hookers. Be broke in 10 years......Wait....I just described Dennis Rodman.

But honestly....sure, buy a new house in a gated community. Nice new Escelade for myself. Help out friends and Family. Then get down to work.....Buy up commercial real estate in Cleveland, hire my friends (all bankers and CPA's) and colleagues to run my company...and hopefully double my winnings in 10 years. oh yeah....and buy my own Golf Course.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(03-29-2012, 01:40 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: Honestly, I've always wanted to open a card store, so that's what I'd do.
Beat me 2 that one.

Or try my hand at starting up my own card company. SHOW all these are guys WHAT the collectors REALLY want.

Buy a house, A car, Pay off my bills. Help out a few CLOSE family members. And my 1 GOOD friend. Then see what is left.
(03-29-2012, 01:47 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Just for the sake of arguement...

I dont trust the government like I used to. So what I would take the Cash Option Then get a lawyer,pay off my house and cars. Next keep a cool mil on hand, then give certain family memebers some cash and pay off there bills including the house, With all that I still have millions left. give 1 mil to my church, police, firefighters, and to a select few like abused women and childern center, St Judes hospital and cancer research divided equally between the million.
The rest of the money is in good growth stock mutual funds IRAs and CDs.
I wont quit my job for now but be looking for a more relaxed position.
I also would call Dave Ramsey just to make sure I dont do any stupid mistakes Like buy an island somewhere. LOL
So when I retire I have all that money growing intrest and live off of it.
Or I may quit my job and go back to school and learn politics and run for president and everyone will learn the word NO!!
Call me greedy but it was my 1.00 that won and I can do with it as I please. Yes there is immediate family that I could give some too but it would ruin their lives more than it would help
PS
Get the Big 8 1909-1911 T-206s and not quit collecting cards untill I am president then start it again once my term(s) were up LOL
One of my old boss's sayings was no and denied. THAT would be my catch phrase if I ran for prez. Big Grin

Or I like using that buzzard sound from ( Being tired makes me forget, That game show where they put up the XXX's every time you guess wrong )

FAMILY FEUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(03-30-2012, 07:53 AM)sonnyday Wrote: Buy big a$$ homes in Miami, Los Angeles, Tuscany, St. John VI. Buy a fleet of Lambourginis and Ferraris. Go to Vegas 12 times a year and throw down huge amounts of money on the craps table. Become addicted to cocaine and hookers. Be broke in 10 years......Wait....I just described Dennis Rodman.

But honestly....sure, buy a new house in a gated community. Nice new Escelade for myself. Help out friends and Family. Then get down to work.....Buy up commercial real estate in Cleveland, hire my friends (all bankers and CPA's) and colleagues to run my company...and hopefully double my winnings in 10 years. oh yeah....and buy my own Golf Course.
Yes I like the golf course idea. I need a new course. I did a side job on a home and the backyard was a golf course. Talk about awesome. I would love to wake up step outside and hop on the cart and roll out. lol That would be sweet. I would then run for mayor of cuyahoga county and tear down all the abandonded homes in cleveland,and try to buy the indians from the Dolans. lol
(03-30-2012, 08:34 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Yes I like the golf course idea. I need a new course. I did a side job on a home and the backyard was a golf course. Talk about awesome. I would love to wake up step outside and hop on the cart and roll out. lol That would be sweet. I would then run for mayor of cuyahoga county and tear down all the abandonded homes in cleveland,and try to buy the indians from the Dolans. lol
oh yea, i'd hire a fulltime chef "maybe rocko" and hire Kenny Crumpton as my personal assistant. He is hillarious.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Buy a Ted Williams autograph. Cases upon cases of whatever product I desire.

I would definitely want to be an anonymous winner. Don't need every crackpot relative of mine hitting me up for money. And the sob stories you would hear from strangers, all trying to get a piece of the pie. The church we go to would have an anonymous donation to pay off the mortgage, and they would get the rest of the stained glass windows they want to put in. My family would all share in the wealth. I would love to become an investor in small companies just getting off the ground, if I believed in the person and what they were trying to accomplish. Seed money could make the difference for some people and their dream. I would also make sure my kids did not get spoiled. I have worked at some job or another since I was 14 y/o. I have a fond appreciation for where I am now, and what it took to get here. I could not stand if my kids became spoiled rich brats.

Oh yeah, trip to Vegas. No limits Blackjack. Lobster tails and filet twice a day.

I would request my own Ginter Card as Champion of the largest lotto ever!

My relic would be of pieces from my own Ike Davis Jersey... then I would buy every card of mine that goes on ebay or anywhere else. WHY????? Drive up the BV because there are so many set collectors out there and I would control the popluation of cards. My card has to to have a higher BV that Jeter or Pujols
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

I would also hire Jill Wagner and Mila Kunis to have hourly crisco wrestling matches in my backyard.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(03-30-2012, 01:19 PM)sonnyday Wrote: I would also hire Jill Wagner and Mila Kunis to have hourly crisco wrestling matches in my backyard.
If I promise to never ever ask for so much as a dime, can I come over and watch?

I'll bring some Dortmunder Gold...