`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?

RE: OT- Mega Millions Arguement..What would you do?
(03-29-2012, 01:54 PM)ande_23 Wrote: My first phone call would be to my sister...I just won millions yet I would be looking for some free legal advice from my sis the lawyer...lol

They hold the drawing around 11PM eastern which is at least 2 hours past her normal bedtime so I would have to call right then and wake her...I'm sure I'd get the answering machine...

"hey sis...pick up...I REALLY NEED A LAWYER, PLEASE PICK UP!!!"
Haha..Thats awesome.

@ Wayne. Haha learn the answer NO! I like that. God knows we need a good president.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

To be honest, I don't know what I would do with the money. I'd probably take the cash option. Except for one thing, you have to be 19 to buy a lottery ticket in Nebraska and I'm only 18. But I'd definately be paying all of my student loans off, paying off my sister's student loans and paying for her law school. I'd probably buy 3 new cars at least, one for me, one for my sister, and one for my mom. I wouldn't mind buying my mom a house since we currnently live in an apartment. I'd also donate some to the MS foundation. My girlfriends dad has been battling MS for about 15 years now. Then I'd also end up building a really sweet Joe Mauer and Denard Span PC and opening a few cases of cards Big Grin
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

I would stop at the local credit union that owns my house and car and ask them what to do, right down to payments or cash option. They work with growing money everyday; I do not. I would explain that I never want to work again and start from there.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Okay. I'll chime in my little nonsense.
Let's be generous and say Uncle Sam and State taxes is 300 Mil. You are left with $200 Mil.
- You have 100 family members and you give them 1 mil each. you are left with 100 mil.
- You spend 1 mil a year and it will take you 100 years to spend all that. Not even taking interest into consideration.
- Actually, I forgot about the wifey. You only have about 25 mil if you're lucky. It's still a pretty good 25 years if you ask me.
- I really don't think collecting would be fun by then. Knowing you can buy whatever and there's nothing stopping you? Fun will be gone in less than a year. Maybe inviting your favorite player for a barbecue every now and then will become your "new" hobby, lol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Image: A71c.jpg]
http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff476/2011CLM/

If I won I would take the cash option, throw the biggest party in Vegas for all of my close friends and family and then disappear for a year. I would send a mil to each of my close family members and then set up a giant trust fund for my niece that she can't touch until she's 25 with the stipulation that her mother(my ex-sister in law) does not get a penny of it period. Then I would mail a box of dog poo to her mother, every week for a year.

Take the cash. I would goto work on monday, late of course, long enough to quit. I would take the owner of my place out to lunch. The owner has crazy money. Even with 500mil he would have more than me. So I need his contacts for a lawyer, financial adviser, & accountant. After that I have a small family. My parents would get as much as they needed to live the rest of their lives with out worry. Sorry to say I would leave my wife. Id give her half with out an argument, even though in the state of Ohio I dont have to. I love her and I know she doesnt love me for my money, but I would like to play with a few girls that would lol... yes I would pull a Charlie Sheen, Tiger woods just without the cheating part. Travel the globe for the first couple years. Then when I got tired of it Id get a nice house a couple cars, bikes, toys. Then Id prolly be a bum for the rest of my life.

As far as my card collecting, it would prolly be over. Like someone said with all that $$ you could just buy what ever you wanted. Im sure it would lose its fun fast. I would give my collection away to people I know would enjoy it. If it did remain fun it would prolly shift to memorabilia for display in my house like art work.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

open a card shop, which I am seriously thinking about doing now, but then I wouldn't have to worry about opening all my profit busting boxes. lol. Nice house, a few trucks cars and ATV's and my wife would take care of the rest of the money. As long as I could bust a hobby box every night my life would be fun.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

You almost have to take the cash value. If you invest your money, with even modest returns, you should be able to beat the total amount of the annuity over the course of 30 years. Although, many of us are compulsive spenders, so the payments may yield less, but be safer in the long run. If I won, I would go in to work at night after everyone was gone and replace everything in the vending maching with beer. Out comes the twinkie, in goes a Pabst. Pull out the nasty looking egg-salad sandwich, and put in a Keystone. There are a few people that would know it meant that Christian quit.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

(03-29-2012, 03:48 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Take the cash. I would goto work on monday, late of course, long enough to quit. I would take the owner of my place out to lunch. The owner has crazy money. Even with 500mil he would have more than me. So I need his contacts for a lawyer, financial adviser, & accountant. After that I have a small family. My parents would get as much as they needed to live the rest of their lives with out worry. Sorry to say I would leave my wife. Id give her half with out an argument, even though in the state of Ohio I dont have to. I love her and I know she doesnt love me for my money, but I would like to play with a few girls that would lol... yes I would pull a Charlie Sheen, Tiger woods just without the cheating part. Travel the globe for the first couple years. Then when I got tired of it Id get a nice house a couple cars, bikes, toys. Then Id prolly be a bum for the rest of my life.

As far as my card collecting, it would prolly be over. Like someone said with all that $$ you could just buy what ever you wanted. Im sure it would lose its fun fast. I would give my collection away to people I know would enjoy it. If it did remain fun it would prolly shift to memorabilia for display in my house like art work.
Haha.. I showed my wife this.Especially the leaving part. Haha. She thought I wrote it. She said, people go broke within 5 yrs after winning. What do you plan on doing when you are broke? Will you go back to your wife? lol this is awesome!
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I doubt anyone would blow this type of money. If I hit this jackpot and was going broke at ANY point afterward I am a complete idiot. I would take my last couple hundred dollars and buy a gun and 1 bullet.