IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about card shows

RE: Question about card shows
(03-25-2012, 09:06 PM)bakaysa14 Wrote: www.nyshows.org

White Plains show just ended today
I actually live in NJ. Is there a website for NJ? To get to the other side of NYC can sometimes be very difficult depending on the time. 4 AM its a matter of minutes. During the day can take hours.

And thanks to all the other replies.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

@ shows for stuff like that you should look in junk bins. I see alot of the cuortside and signature rookies in thier all the time from 1-3 bucks each.
I am a big psu collector and looking to down size some of my psu stuff. So if you want check out my psu pc and see if thier is anything you like.
Mainly keeping the stuff in college uni. But lmk either way.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(03-25-2012, 08:45 PM)mkufta Wrote: 1. Would I find older cards there? I'm talking between like 1991 and 2001. There are some Penn State autos between those years I'd like to get my hands on. For instance a 1992 Courtside Same Gash, Mark D'Onofrio and Keith Goganious autos. Along with a 2000 Sage or Sage Hit LaVar Arrington auto.

2. I live just outside NYC. There has to be shows around me I would think. Is there anywhere where I can find shows with dates and locations?

Thanks for the help. Beckett, COMC and eBay aren't cutting it with the couple I need.
If you go to shows, ask dealers if they have old autos like Courtside, Sage etc. They can't take all their inventory to shows.

If you run through Beckett.com, checkoutmycards, sportlots, sportsbuy and the bay, then search forums, individuals are always trying to move their old cards. It's work, it takes time, you will be surprised what you may find. My experience of shows are sellers are typically trying to move their new product, autos and swatches, 10 to 20 autos don't get brought along unless they are trying to sell Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway autos.

(03-26-2012, 12:43 PM)ginge01 Wrote: If you go to shows, ask dealers if they have old autos like Courtside, Sage etc. They can't take all their inventory to shows.

If you run through Beckett.com, checkoutmycards, sportlots, sportsbuy and the bay, then search forums, individuals are always trying to move their old cards. It's work, it takes time, you will be surprised what you may find. My experience of shows are sellers are typically trying to move their new product, autos and swatches, 10 to 20 autos don't get brought along unless they are trying to sell Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway autos.
Haha, I did ALL of that. That is why I have moved onto the idea for shows.
(03-26-2012, 11:03 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: @ shows for stuff like that you should look in junk bins. I see alot of the cuortside and signature rookies in thier all the time from 1-3 bucks each.
I am a big psu collector and looking to down size some of my psu stuff. So if you want check out my psu pc and see if thier is anything you like.
Ill take a look.
(03-26-2012, 11:03 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: @ shows for stuff like that you should look in junk bins. I see alot of the cuortside and signature rookies in thier all the time from 1-3 bucks each.
Dude, I just snatched up a Joe Jurevicius Pinnacle like the Enis you have in your bucket. I have never seen them before ever and never even knew they existed. In a matter of a week I see both PSU guys. That's nuts.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com