Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1997/98 jordan upperdeck great eight blank serial number
Tongue 
1997/98 jordan upperdeck great eight blank serial number
I picked up a jordan great eight which is numbered to 800 but there is no serial number on back just the /800 I have the same card with a serial number /800 is this an error or any more like this

RE: 1997/98 jordan upperdeck great eight blank serial number
I have one too that doesn't have a serial #...so I don't know what that means...
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

post a scan please

I am not sure if they still do, but a lot of card companies made extras of serial numbered cards as potential replacements for damaged cards. They would keep the /# printed on the card and then add in the actual serial number based on the card that was returned. I know Fleer used to do this as I got a Flair Legacy card back in 1998 that was damaged out of the pack. I called Fleer at the time to find out if I could get a replacement since it was serial numbered, and they explained what they did. In fact when they sent the replacement card to me they included a cutout from the original card showing the serial number (I guess this was to show that they indeed destroyed the other card, so there wouldn't be 2 with the same serial number).
My guess is you got one of the extra replacement cards, that either got sold off years after the set was released or that an employee walked off with at some point.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/