`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need help identifying MJ RC Reprint?

RE: Need help identifying MJ RC Reprint?
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-spot-a-fa...0007601727

(03-24-2012, 06:39 PM)tperks76 Wrote: The narrow borders are a dead giveaway, unless its been trimmed
+1
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

it for sure fake. not trimmed. i bet its regular size. i gota few. there was a pic posted the other day with a table covered with about 1000 of them. 1000000000 percent sure. they made the thin borders to get the r in the red like the real one

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Definitely a "fake". Looks like a '96 reprint from the 10th anniversary.

Dont waste your money on getting it authenticated, it's fake, narrow borders and wrong shades of red on the back. Also the narrow borders does not apply to the 1996 Fleer reprints, in fact their borders are slightly larger than the original.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(03-25-2012, 08:03 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Also the narrow borders does not apply to the 1996 Fleer reprints, in fact their borders are slightly larger than the original.
Good to know.

I would compare this MJ RC to the graded versions you have Scott......

You know they are authentic and when you compare them if the posts on this thread have merit when comparing then I bet you have a fake. It is really hard to be 100% on a picture alone.

I haven't read the links to the counterfiet guides that some have posted.... but I personally don't like the placement of the tradmark logo on the back of the card..... the thing that helped me find a legit one to send for grading was the eyes of the bull in the team logo on the back as well.

The trademark logo needs to have a better contrast and should be sharper, the eyes of the bull should have a small pupil and be smaller and more visible compared to the bigger pupil that I "THINK" I can see in the scan. Again it is hard to tell from pics on a screen, instead of having in hand.

If you compare those logos or if the boarders are too small or the colors are too bright when comparing this one to the graded versions, then you know the answer. If you are still not sure, either send it off for grading or move it cheaper with a warning or gaurantee maybe???

Good Luck.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I thank everyone for the advice on this thread obviously I am convinced that this is a counterfeit and I am moving the card as a reprint/counterfeit/fake whatever you prefer still after comparing the card to my bgs graded cards i am still not 100% convinced but oh well the guy that gave me the card told me he is sure its not real so that is all the info I need and btw there are plenty of people interested in fake Jordan rcs apparently I never realized that hmm I wonder what they are going to do with them, this one may find its way in the trash so it never dissapoints a fellow MJ collector!
(03-26-2012, 10:43 AM)got watcha want Wrote: I would compare this MJ RC to the graded versions you have Scott......

You know they are authentic and when you compare them if the posts on this thread have merit when comparing then I bet you have a fake. It is really hard to be 100% on a picture alone.

I haven't read the links to the counterfiet guides that some have posted.... but I personally don't like the placement of the tradmark logo on the back of the card..... the thing that helped me find a legit one to send for grading was the eyes of the bull in the team logo on the back as well.

The trademark logo needs to have a better contrast and should be sharper, the eyes of the bull should have a small pupil and be smaller and more visible compared to the bigger pupil that I "THINK" I can see in the scan. Again it is hard to tell from pics on a screen, instead of having in hand.

If you compare those logos or if the boarders are too small or the colors are too bright when comparing this one to the graded versions, then you know the answer. If you are still not sure, either send it off for grading or move it cheaper with a warning or gaurantee maybe???

Good Luck.
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]