`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam
I am afraid to buy high end cards because of this very reason. One good thing that has come out of this post is that I will take what dbroockerd said if I do buy I will open in front of the delivery person. would never have thought of that. would protect me as well as the delivery service

(03-25-2012, 02:13 PM)iamralpho Wrote: Ive traded with Dbrockered too, not my favorite trader in terms of how he responds, and how he gos about things
Hahaha

(03-25-2012, 02:13 PM)iamralpho Wrote: I've traded with Jake, just did actually. He sent me cash and I sent him cards. Everything seemed good.

Ive traded with Dbrockered too, not my favorite trader in terms of how he responds, and how he gos about things but hes honest and I never felt he was gonna rip me off, and would trade with him again if need be.

I have been ripped off before, for a large sum, it sucks, its the worst feeling in the world but this thread makes me really wanna leave this site. Some of the posts and the comments are jsut too much.

Everyone gets took, it happens, do what you need to do to take care of it. Get his name and information out for others, which is what happened and it hopefully saved other traders but some of the other comments and sentiments here are just bad and really makes me miss the old Beckett.

I hope everyone gets what they are owed and deserved. Good luck
I appreciate you not letting the fact that we do not see eye to eye affect what you said here. I will never see eye to eye with everyone.

As for the statements, I am okay with facts about the address. I have posted some as have others. I am not okay with anyone flat out calling anyone anything without hardcore facts. I cleared that comment up.

Right now all we have is speculation on the part of most people. We have some facts but in the end these are all just clues and such that lead to speculation.

However, until Jake speaks up its hard to have anything but speculation.

The only TRUE undoubted fact for me is I received an empty magnetic in a package coming from the seller that received my money.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(03-25-2012, 10:46 AM)james lacroix Wrote: I haven't tried to contact him yet. I figured there's no point. I haven't even looked in my package yet. Only one person has sent me their info so far and that person is in the same boat as me. He can't actually confirm he's been scammed yet.

OK, have two people so far. Who else is in this? I think the Giants guy, right?
yes i sent you a PM.....check it
(03-25-2012, 10:54 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: The more i read this post its really going to send someone off the deep end. I understand getting screwed but who hasnt? I feel really sorry for you Derek and who ever else is invloved. This thread has to calm down. I know what the facts say and who they point too but we need to take this off the board and handle the rest behind closed doors.

This is going to push new traders away and push older ones not to trust anyone else. I dont know maybe im looking at this in a different way than everyone else.
+1.....trading will most likely cool down for a while....im not trading until i feel is the right time.....i will trade with the traders i know very well here
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Chances are he left this site. If he didn't respond or reply by now,he isn't going too. Derek, I really hope you do contact the authorites and everything you say you will do on monday because right now, he is prolly calling your bluff man. He prolly thinks this is scare tactics and he isn't falling for it. Truth be told i'm hoping he does pack up and leave. We don't need this crap on here. People should able to make trades with each other without going through a Airport security type check. lol. Everyone deserves a chance. I hope the new guys know that this crap doesn't happen all the time. Its a great community with alot of good guys. Guys who can bicker with one another and may not always see eye to eye but we always stand up and get each others back when needed. Thats how it should be. After seeing this thread and all the people who step forward to show support makes me happy to be here.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Post cleaned
You would think that something as serious as this, the trolls would stay away. I just deleted 4 pages
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(03-25-2012, 08:03 PM)floydtown Wrote: Post cleaned
You would think that something as serious as this, the trolls would stay away. I just deleted 4 pages
Glad you did it was starting to get dumb and pointless and thats not what this tread needs

(03-25-2012, 08:03 PM)floydtown Wrote: Post cleaned
I was reading some of it when it all disappeared lol. I'm glad you did because that was some petty BS that got started.

(03-25-2012, 05:33 PM)talkntribe Wrote: Chances are he left this site. If he didn't respond or reply by now,he isn't going too. Derek, I really hope you do contact the authorites and everything you say you will do on monday because right now, he is prolly calling your bluff man. He prolly thinks this is scare tactics and he isn't falling for it. Truth be told i'm hoping he does pack up and leave. We don't need this crap on here. People should able to make trades with each other without going through a Airport security type check. lol. Everyone deserves a chance. I hope the new guys know that this crap doesn't happen all the time. Its a great community with alot of good guys. Guys who can bicker with one another and may not always see eye to eye but we always stand up and get each others back when needed. Thats how it should be. After seeing this thread and all the people who step forward to show support makes me happy to be here.
+++amen+++ this is a graet community...
[Image: chevydad575banner.jpg]
....I COLLECT....
CHIPPER JONES,GREG MADDUX,BOBBY COX,JOHN SMOLTZ,ANDRUW JONES,JASON HEYWARD,BRIAN MCCANN
I MAIL ON PAYDAY FRIDAY'S EACH WEEK...

For any of the newer guys reading this stuff, Beckett is actually a great trading site populated by (mostly) great traders. I've only been on here since last fall, but I've done about 60 trades -all of them good ones. Ive met a lot of nice, helpful, generous people along the way. Like anything in life, you gotta go out on a limb sometimes and trust people to do the right thing. The vast majority of people here are good guys. No one likes to see this stuff happen, but thankfully it's very rare.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*