`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Issue....anyone else encountering?

Trading Issue....anyone else encountering?
Just wondering if anyone is has the same run in's that I'm having while trading...

The one i'm running into right now is "yea, I want your $150 card"...but I will absolutely NOT trade a $150 card for it. But i'm ok with giving you every single base card in my org. I.e. trading down.

I don't mind trading down for PC stuff...anyone else frequently encountering this? How do you resolve something like this? Or is this all personality driven? Thoughts on how to become a better trader? I think I've done fairly well with 100+ trades and still have a 5 rating.

-Erik

RE: Trading Issue....anyone else encountering?
yeh, you're not the only one ..... but just remember there are ton's of great traders out there so don't let the few bring ya down Wink

your cred is great here so don't worry about changing your trading style/habits ..... if you don't like the deal just click "cancel" and move on Smile

i call them gougers...no worries bro those folks are worthless so dont even bother dealing with them...the old "my card is gold your card is tin-foil" does NOT fly around here.
GOOD traders do it fair and right..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I don't know if I am one of those traders or not.

I won't approach a trade offering 100 $1 cards for 1 $100 card.

Sometimes when people send me an open offer for a bunch of commons and they don't have anything I want, I don't just want to cancel the trade so I will sometimes ask for 1 higher dollar card (I can use for trade bait). Usually I will make it for about 30-40% less than the value of the commons to offset.

I am not trying to be greedy, just trying to find a way for them to get the cards they originally wanted from me.

My wants are so specific, that not many people have what I need, and so then I start looking for things that I can move to get to what I want.

So... is it bad if someone asks for 40 cards w/total BV of $75 and I ask for a $50 card in return (assuming they don't have anything I want for my PC)?

There are a lot of people that send me these open offers and they have 1000's of cards from the late 80's early 90's that I just have no use for.

I always take the time too look for ANYTHING that I might like, but sometimes just don't find anything.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

I am the same way. I'll look but if there is nothing I li,e I'll do this and add a comment and let them know.

(03-24-2012, 11:51 AM)hellsbells Wrote: I don't know if I am one of those traders or not.

Sometimes when people send me an open offer for a bunch of commons and they don't have anything I want, I don't just want to cancel the trade so I will sometimes ask for 1 higher dollar card (I can use for trade bait). Usually I will make it for about 30-40% less than the value of the commons to offset.

I am not trying to be greedy, just trying to find a way for them to get the cards they originally wanted from me.

My wants are so specific, that not many people have what I need, and so then I start looking for things that I can move to get to what I want.

So... is it bad if someone asks for 40 cards w/total BV of $75 and I ask for a $50 card in return (assuming they don't have anything I want for my PC)?

There are a lot of people that send me these open offers and they have 1000's of cards from the late 80's early 90's that I just have no use for.

I always take the time too look for ANYTHING that I might like, but sometimes just don't find anything.

Ken

thanks for the info
i haven't started trading yet but when i do i will keep this in mind.

(03-24-2012, 11:51 AM)hellsbells Wrote: I don't know if I am one of those traders or not.

Ken
Same for me.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I have since changed how i have traded, originally i wouldn't trade across the board for even bv unless i was trading up. Mainly because when i started thats the only kind of offers i was getting, but after i got a few trades under my belt(and a ton of declined ones), i started realizing i could get more deals done doing a more of a 1-1 or 2-2 type trade. now i don't mind trading down on one card to get a 2nd of more value or of a player i want. without a lot of high end cards though, alot of my offers are a 2-1 kind of offer, not because i'm looking to upgrade, but that may be my best way of getting a card i really want. most of my collection consists of autos/gu around the 20-25$ range. so when i want a card for 40$ and only have one in my org worth that much, it takes some trading up to get it and some traders don't like that, and i understand. I do the same unless it's someone i want. But I get it that's hard to make deals. I have about 100 or so declined trades, while i've completed 50 or so.