Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upper Deck being sued by over 200 NFL players

Upper Deck being sued by over 200 NFL players
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/nfl...2-million/

the end is near. hopefully another company pick up the NCAA license when it happens so college collectors like myself still have a company to go to.
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

RE: Upper Deck being sued by over 200 NFL players
Good riddance to bad rubbish....they were good in the 90's and early 2000's then they went down hill fast
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

well they have been pushing their "bring back upper deck" facebook sites pretty hard. i subscribed to the football one and they are doing giveaways for a certain number of likes but the last one they couldn't even give away football cards on the one dedicated to football. they had to give away baseball because they said they had no football prizes to give. kinda puts in to perspective where they stand as a company. so man. it looks as though the college product may be taking a break if this puts them under. i'm sure someone will pick it up but just how soon?
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

need them around for the compitition and for the market

(03-23-2012, 01:08 PM)afff Wrote: need them around for the compitition and for the market
I don't think people care about competition. I don't think people care about value, just quality. If you look at the most valuable cards of (the last part of the 80's) the 90's and 2000's, upper deck has the most valuable cards. They were the most innovative company in everything they did, but nobody cares about that either.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

OHHH NOOOOO!!! What is Beckett going to do??? The golden child of card companies is about to fade away into the sunset. My condolences to Beckett. Who will the replacement be?? Topps or Panini?? I hope they will pick Panini as I have a bunch of their stuff I would like Beckett to raise the value on.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

I'm sure they are selling their items backdoor for cash to keep the company afloat

just goes to show that no matter how good you had it, you can still lose it all
Looking to trade for Rey Maualuga, Attempting a Super Collection
174/457 = 38% (not including 1/1)
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/donbickle707/

[Image: sig.png]

This surprisingly doesn't shock me at all. Upper Deck has been making a habit of being less innovative for the last few years. Since 2008 every set Upper Deck, SP Authentic, basically everything not Exquisite has rehashed designs, photos, and ideas while demanding a higher price for them.

I used to buy Spx because it was just insanely cool, especially in the mid to late 90's, but they've become more focused on the big ticket stuff like exquisite and copying (as the article said) on other companies' ideas.

Plainly put for UD, nobody wants to buy something that was considered cheap 20 years ago.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

Screw UD. They deserve it (by they I mean the company, not the employees at the base levels).
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]