`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Will Upper Deck claim bankruptcy this year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.38%
17 65.38%
No
34.62%
9 34.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?

RE: How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?
(03-23-2012, 02:56 PM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: I see thanks for the update.

Maybe they don't suck, just overpriced..aka The new Preferred
As with most stuff, even by Topps and Upper Deck, it's the Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. It normally starts out there, stays that way for a few weeks, then slowly drops down. Unless it's Totally Certified, then it starts at $78 a box then skyrockets to $150+ a box. lol.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?
Every company has fraud... some just limit it or hid it better than others... what ever happens to UD, they are going to pass the buck onto the collectors to pay for their screw ups... same as SDG&E, here in San Diego County... they want San Diego residents to pay for a multi-billion dollar wild fire that was started by their equipment... they want to raise electric bills, because their insurance didn't cover it... UD will do the same, if they survive....
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I can only hope they dont.They have always been the ones with the best looking cards.I cant imagine how much they make a year alone on the stuff they sell with MJ and Lebron.Then they also have the exclusive rights for Tiger Woods as well.Three of the biggest names in sports and sports history with how many people collect their stuff.
I think not having the NFL and NBA license has hurt the brand.However if they can forge some parternship with somebody to get it back then I think they could see a value in their brand increase.They have the rights to Fleer correct? So assuming they were to get a license for the NBA or NFL they can get back to making a variety of products.Instead right now they can only make SPA and Sweet Spot in football and so they are limited in what they can produce.They do have exquisite which although it is extremly high end , it produces some of the best quality cards and best patch cards.

(03-23-2012, 04:41 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I can only hope they don't.They have always been the ones with the best looking cards.I cant imagine how much they make a year alone on the stuff they sell with MJ and Lebron.Then they also have the exclusive rights for Tiger Woods as well.Three of the biggest names in sports and sports history with how many people collect their stuff.
I think not having the NFL and NBA license has hurt the brand.However if they can forge some partnership with somebody to get it back then I think they could see a value in their brand increase.They have the rights to Fleer correct? So assuming they were to get a license for the NBA or NFL they can get back to making a variety of products.Instead right now they can only make SPA and Sweet Spot in football and so they are limited in what they can produce.They do have exquisite which although it is extremely high end , it produces some of the best quality cards and best patch cards.
I expect MJ to file a lawsuit here pretty soon looking to get money owed to him, As for Lebron, there are some questions as to whether his contract is even valid any more.

as for Upper Deck staying in business, well, let's see

Owe Aniplex 3,950,000.00 + interest,+ court costs + fee's (this was personally guaranteed to be paid by Tricky Dicky, so even if Upper Deck and/or Richard WcWilliams files Bankruptcy, McWilliams is still responsible for paying of the 3,950,000.00 + costs and Interest and it cannot be removed under any bankruptcy proceedings, or if he were to become incapacitated or die, the family would have to pay this first and foremost)

Owe MLB 265,000 + Interest

owe Kareem Abdul Jabbar not settled yet

Owe Upper Deck international Not settled yet ( Upper Deck vs Upper Deck )

Owe NFL, 1.4 Mill + costs + fee's + interest not settled yet.

Owe back rent + Utilities, etc.... on the Carlsbad Ca headquarters.

owe Back taxes in the Million dollar range

The only way Upper Deck will be able to stay in Business is if the President of Upper Deck international takes over, in that case I would not trust the president of that company either, he is just as bad as or worse than Little Richard,

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

What about the money owed to Konami or is that settled now?

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Hmmmm.......doesnt look good.
My question is, will bankruptcy actually make them immune to filling redemptions to customers?
If that happens than they will lose alot of customer base which will make them spiral downward even faster.
Seems they are trying to hold on, but if MAJOR changes arent made within the next year, they will have no option but to close shop I say by 2015.

I thought that I heard that both Lebron and Jordan have left UD and gone out on their own. So the only way to get Jordan autos and such now is through his own company. (could be wrong, or Nyquil delusion)
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

dang. If that's true, oddity, looks like I got slim chance of getting my jordan gotg auto then.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(03-23-2012, 06:36 PM)taffster74 Wrote: What about the money owed to Konami or is that settled now?
The Konami lawsuit was settled, but the amount was kept private, if they got their money, then they would be the only ones who did.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35
Smile 
(03-24-2012, 07:43 PM)shezdoni Wrote: The Konami lawsuit was settled, but the amount was kept private, if they got their money, then they would be the only ones who did.
Is it because Upper Deck people feared (by paying what has to be paid to) Konami people because they come from the land of Samurai?
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?