`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Will Upper Deck claim bankruptcy this year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.38%
17 65.38%
No
34.62%
9 34.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?

How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?
Well, now the NFLPA has a lawsuit with Upper Deck for money owed. (Story here: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/03/ufl-ud-lawsuit/) How many lawsuits is that within the last three years? So, do you think they'll be claiming bankruptcy this year? Answer the poll and even give us your thoughts on the situation(s).
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?
I don't know man, cards give people the chance to enjoy someone's auto that they may never meet. I don't think they will. If anything I think their product might become less quality.

RE: How likely do you think it is that Upper Deck will be claiming bankruptcy this year?
I think it is very likely, and I see a company like Leaf buying them out for their naming rights and factories to help get ready for the bidding on the NBA license coming up next year.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Can't say for sure, but I think they will. Obviously, their products are not as great as they used to be, and I for one, have shyed away from Upper Deck products over the last few years. I cannot speak for everyone, but a lot of collectors I know, myself included, wont (& have'nt) spent the money on any Upper Deck products lately. It seems as if they are taking the first idea someone comes up with, and slopping it on a piece of cardboard, then put a high-end or new exciting name on it and expect collectors to shell out their hard earned cash for that junk. Even Panini has'nt impressed me. I mean, yes, there are a few nice products out there, but most of it just so lack-luster, plain & boring. And for this very reason, is why I stick to buying singles over packs & boxes. Like the old saying goes.... "they dont make'em like they used to!" Jmo.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

i have to say that they don't cause the market need the compitition

(03-23-2012, 12:51 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: "they dont make'em like they used to!" Jmo.
UD is trying to hang in there.. Panini is beating everybody to the punch on major league sports card contracts & signing majority of rookies for their autos.. UD can't keep up.. I wish they could make a comeback, but it's less likely.. at least anytime soon.

Yes, UD gets sued all the time.. but I think overtime, Panini will get their share of lawsuits, they all do.

I think UD will call bankruptcy within the next 2-3 years... they'll try to hold on to the last minute.
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I don't see how the can keep going...just the legal fees alone must be brutal..and once the have to pay up the settlements I can't see them continuing..
[Image: arod.gif]

As someone who just got back into collecting, anyone care to bring me into the loop as to why Upper Deck is in such trouble? From what I've seen Panini sucks

(03-23-2012, 02:38 PM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: As someone who just got back into collecting, anyone care to bring me into the loop as to why Upper Deck is in such trouble? From what I've seen Panini sucks
Upper Deck is currently in 6 active law suits from not doing what they said they were going to do. Paying on AU, paying licensing fees, counterfeit stuff, etc. Upper Deck International has even sued the California based Upper Deck. That's how bad it is. Panini doesn't suck, they're just young pups in a guard dog yard. Upper deck was lackluster when they came out the first 2-4 years (depending on your preference), so has Panini been.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(03-23-2012, 02:51 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Upper Deck is currently in 6 active law suits from not doing what they said they were going to do. Paying on AU, paying licensing fees, counterfeit stuff, etc. Upper Deck International has even sued the California based Upper Deck. That's how bad it is. Panini doesn't suck, they're just young pups in a guard dog yard. Upper deck was lackluster when they came out the first 2-4 years (depending on your preference), so has Panini been.
I see thanks for the update.

Maybe they don't suck, just overpriced..aka The new Preferred