`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Touch Magnetic Cases

One Touch Magnetic Cases
Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on these individual card cases, what people think the pros and cons are, and if Ultra Pro is the go to brand for these.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

RE: One Touch Magnetic Cases
(03-20-2012, 10:42 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on these individual card cases, what people think the pros and cons are, and if Ultra Pro is the go to brand for these.
I love the magnets, the only thing is they seem to be a little tighter around the edges than the screw downs ... I pulled a Griffin rookie auto and a Tyreke ROY Contenders auto/25 out of the same Contenders box a couple of years ago (!), and neither one drops cleanly into the recessed area.

But, if they fit, I always prefer a magnet, and yes, Ultra Pro seems to be the best.

One annoying thing ... sometimes if they are from different boxes, the magnets do not attract to each other and you can't stack them directly on top of each other, because the top one will shift over half an inch or so.

I think one of the main reasons I like the Ultra pro is because of the UV protection. I like to have my really nice cards out where I can see them. Since I live in Hawaii, well its nice to have the UV protection. But I do agree with rjcj2017, some dont fit sometimes. They still are really good for protection though.
Smile 
I agree that some don't fit. My Griffey Senior Auto does not fit in the one touch magnetic holder 35 pt of Ultra Pro. It is slightly bigger on the length, the width is fine and the thickness is just right.

UV protection does have a limited life span. Just like in Pro Mold, they advertise the number of years that the UV protection is effective.

The recessed part of all rigid holders is not always perfectly done. Some may have a little curve inside the 90 degree angle of all sides of the edges or let us say imperfections.

I always clean the holder before use. I always use the graded card sleeve to protect the holders from scratches. If the card is slightly loose, let us say from 35 pt to 55 pt, then you can put a card sleeve folded in half at the back of the card, this is done to negate any movement and any damage to the card edges. Add additional card sleeve if needed.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Ultra Pro one touch cases rock my socks off.

I love the cases when the cards fit just right and they look good, one thing they should have is maybe a small stamp on thr back showing what point they are..i have a bunch mixed up and im always having a hard time looking for the right size
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-21-2012, 05:56 AM)robd5811 Wrote: I love the cases when the cards fit just right and they look good, one thing they should have is maybe a small stamp on thr back showing what point they are..i have a bunch mixed up and im always having a hard time looking for the right size
+1. Maybe not a stamp, but some engraving/indentation on the bottom of the holder for recognition. One thing I wish Beckett would do, but it'd take a lot of help from fellow collectors, is have a way to show the dimensions of each card and give links of the proper supplies for them. This way, if I have a GU card, I know exactly what pt to get for either top loader or magnetic holder.

The ONLY thing I'm not fond of with magnetic holders is that they can get quite hefty if you are storing them in bigger boxes. I don't like to leave my cards out because of my kids, and I don't have any shelves to put them on currently, so I keep mine in boxes (I also don't like strangers seeing my collection and possibly getting ideas, lol). But other than that, I wish they were cheaper and you could walk into an LCS, or buy online, a "case" of them with exactly how many you need of each pt size.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I usually buy graded stuff. If not graded, penny sleeves and top loaders for me. They sit in box so it's not that serious for me unless they are HIGH END (which I only buy those graded anyway)
Tongue 
(03-21-2012, 08:15 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: +1. Maybe not a stamp, but some engraving/indentation on the bottom of the holder for recognition. One thing I wish Beckett would do, but it'd take a lot of help from fellow collectors, is have a way to show the dimensions of each card and give links of the proper supplies for them. This way, if I have a GU card, I know exactly what pt to get for either top loader or magnetic holder.

The ONLY thing I'm not fond of with magnetic holders is that they can get quite hefty if you are storing them in bigger boxes. I don't like to leave my cards out because of my kids, and I don't have any shelves to put them on currently, so I keep mine in boxes (I also don't like strangers seeing my collection and possibly getting ideas, lol). But other than that, I wish they were cheaper and you could walk into an LCS, or buy online, a "case" of them with exactly how many you need of each pt size.
By mentioning that and by knowing that you have more than 3,000 Pistons cards, I have an idea already. Hahahah! Tongue
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Yeah they can be kind of expensive, but I just bought some in bulk on ebay, 50 of them for $51, which seemed to be the most reasonable deal, unless your buying more than that.

As for protecting the one touches from scratches, I put them in individual graded bags as well, the regular team bags just dont seem large enough for the flap to cover it 100%, i also fold over the excess graded bag on one side and secure the excess flap to the back with tape so it will fit snugly in a 2 row box.

I just dont like the idea of folding a penny sleeve and putting it in the backside of the card to prevent the card movement. I would think that the pressure from the sleeve on the card would cause long-term surface damage like an indention or surface scratches.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector