`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Buying wax or singles?

RE: Buying wax or singles?
Cases - Love them..not the super expensive ones but whatever I can get on closeout or what just looks fun. I tend to stay around from the $2200 cases as they tend to be hit or miss sometimes but anywhere bwtween $800-$1000 is fine. The most fun I have had in awhile breaking was '12 Topps Heritage, it was just a blast to break the case, sell the singles and now I have more $$$ for the next adventure! I really think I just like opening things.

(03-21-2012, 12:28 AM)Krangry Wrote: Meant I not u, lol. I could have bought 20 musial autos for the money i spent on boxes, lol. After looking back it really sickens me. Just sticking to singles for now haha
^^^
this
every dollar is precious, so its gotta go towards intentional cards!
boxes are FUN-
Being broke with a $2 no-name auto is NOT FUN

I busted wax in the beginning. While its fun I got tired of getting hits I just did not want. Would sell them but in the end your spending way more than you can make back. Spent the last 2 years buying/selling/trading what I want and my collection is the way it is now because of that. Why spend thousands on cases to get Marlon Byrd and Fauso Carmona Relics and Autos when you can save that towards a Pristine Bowman Auto Pujols Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I try to bust a pack or two of each new baseball product and I pick up the Topps Factory set each year but other than that it's singles for me. The most fun I have is taking a couple hundred dollars that I've managed to squirrel away and head for a card show. Last time I spent $160 at a local show and came home with over $4500 worth of singles. Better yet, they were all players that I collect.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-21-2012, 09:17 AM)rrd111 Wrote: Cases - Love them..not the super expensive ones but whatever I can get on closeout or what just looks fun. I tend to stay around from the $2200 cases as they tend to be hit or miss sometimes but anywhere bwtween $800-$1000 is fine. The most fun I have had in awhile breaking was '12 Topps Heritage, it was just a blast to break the case, sell the singles and now I have more $$$ for the next adventure! I really think I just like opening things.
I know, I am busting a case of Heritage now!!!

(03-21-2012, 02:04 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I know, I am busting a case of Heritage now!!!
My 4 this year so far have been

'12 Topps - Pulled a Pujols SP/Mays Auto
'09 Sig Stars - Pulled 2 Harper Auto's, 2 Cole Auto's, 1 Bauer Auto, 1 Griffey Auto
'12 Heritage - Pulled a Mays/Kemp redemption and SP's that I am still finding
'10 Upper Deck Hobby - bunch of GU, Zimmerman Exquisite /75

Next up

'11 Lineage Retail, may go back to '11 Lineage Hobby

Stayed away from Tribute and am probably done until Allen & ginter

singles

I enjoy both.....but for high end like TRIBUTE, I just could'nt shell out around $3 BILLS on a box. So instead I bought some singles that caught my eye, nothing too expensive I set my limit at under $20.00 a card shipped. I've picked up some pretty neat stuff though in that price range!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

The only way the vast, vast majority of people can bust more than a box these days is if they have the opportunity to sell what they pull, in effect making themselves 'middle-men' or distributors for the card companies.

So if you like selling, bust a case Smile
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.