`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I never understood the high collector popularity of this card.

I never understood the high collector popularity of this card.
[Image: KGrHqNg8E8fZJ49yBPSpd6hwog60_121.jpg]
The above card is the 1990 Pro Set Vince Lombardi Hologram insert, in case you are not familiar. It books for $100 in the OPG so that affirms it is a popular card. At any given time on eBay you will see a few of these on auction and often there will be numerous bids for each listing. Some even have BIN prices for a lot more that the OPG listing.

The point is, as I stated in the heading, I do not understand the appeal. It is numbered to 10K so it is not rare by any means compared to today's standards. It is a nice hologram card but so are all those SP/SPx base set cards that came out years later.

Overall it is a nice looking card, I guess. Fortunately the sports card collector community collects different things, which is a good thing and it makes the hobby more interesting. I do not find any fault in anyone pursuing the aforementioned card either so do not get me wrong.

However, in summation what is the big deal?

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: I never understood the high collector popularity of this card.
One of the first case hits and I think it was one in every 20-50 cases they made alot of cases. It's easier to pull a superfractor opening packs then it is pulling that card.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Plus, that card is now 20+ years old. While you CAN and DO see them up for auction, there are other more recent cards with print runs far smaller, that are up for auction just as often as this one. As time goes by, the auctions will dry up.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Honestly its the first time I ever seen this card

You can look at it 2 ways.... There was soooooo much pro-set that a lot of it ended up in discount stores and sent back to distributors and either resold or believe it or not a lot was destroyed. I remember a local Bldg 19 back in the day selling a truckload of water / fire damaged Proset and Score by the box for 50 cents each........ They had it for sale for literally years!!!! No one wanted it at all. a ton of it was bought by kids because it was a cheap and they could buy a lot of packs! How many kids do you know that take care of their cards ( I know some do but Most don't)

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's