`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on graded horizontal cards.

Question on graded horizontal cards.
I see some horizontal cards with the bottom of the card facing right and left when slabbed. Why is this? Do you have to specify which way you want them or is it just random. Reason I ask is I just had 2 horizontal cards graded and one is facing right and the other is left. The facing left way drives me absolutely nuts and now I think it will be going back so they can switch it. I thought facing right was the standard way.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/
Smile 
RE: Question on graded horizontal cards.
(03-18-2012, 07:19 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I see some horizontal cards with the bottom of the card facing right and left when slabbed. Why is this? Do you have to specify which way you want them or is it just random. Reason I ask is I just had 2 horizontal cards graded and one is facing right and the other is left. The facing left way drives me absolutely nuts and now I think it will be going back so they can switch it. I thought facing right was the standard way.
One of the reasons why I dislike some horizontal graded/raw cards. Some of them will face right and have a vertical back and some of them will face left and have a vertical back. Just a rant under your thread brah.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-18-2012, 08:54 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: One of the reasons why I dislike some horizontal graded/raw cards. Some of them will face right and have a vertical back and some of them will face left and have a vertical back. Just a rant under your thread brah.
that would be annoying but at least it would make sense for what direction it is pointing. if the back is horizontal too like my card, how do they decide which way to put it? i want my card flipped around, it better not cost much to do that.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

They will put it in the holder anyway you tell them. I had some put in backwards before.

(03-18-2012, 07:19 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I see some horizontal cards with the bottom of the card facing right and left when slabbed. Why is this? Do you have to specify which way you want them or is it just random. Reason I ask is I just had 2 horizontal cards graded and one is facing right and the other is left. The facing left way drives me absolutely nuts and now I think it will be going back so they can switch it. I thought facing right was the standard way.
On horizontal backs, it has to do with the back, which way the front turns. Sorry, but I don't have an example.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I always thought a good idea would be slabs that shaped so that the front of the card is displayed the way it's supposed to be looked at. Essentially, take a regular graded 1955 Topps card (for example), turn it so you're looking at it normally and don't have to turn your head, and put the flip on top of that. Essentially, take the flip and put it above the actual "top" of the card.

With that said, I highly doubt there is enough demand and/or sets out there to justify the money going into slabs like this. On top of that, they wouldn't be uniform with the majority.

In the end, wishful thinking...........

(03-19-2012, 07:34 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: On horizontal backs, it has to do with the back, which way the front turns. Sorry, but I don't have an example.
Sorry. Boy did I slaughter that up. I meant on horizontal cards, it has to do with the back. Where ever the top of the back is, that's the part that's going to get the BGS/BVG label.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!