`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nolan Ryan Canadian Envelope

Nolan Ryan Canadian Envelope
I came across this Nolan Ryan Canadian envelope when I was digging through the boxes I got from the hobby store this past week and cant find anything on it. Any ideas?

check my bucket for the photo. The photo itself of Ryan is made of some type of colored felt material....

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398...9ca16f.jpg
~The resident mafia guy~

RE: Nolan Ryan Canadian Envelope
I can tell you the post mark 83 4 27 is April 27th, 1983. That is the date he broke the K's record. The Philatelic Canada part refers to an annual trade show, that looks like it was held in Montreal that year. Brad Mills was an Expo, so one can assume that the show made what is called a 1st day issue envelope (for the stamp adhered) to commemorate this. The idea is that you buy a group of these stamps and stick them in this envelope for safe keeping as a momento. I'm not sure if all this is accurate, but this is to the best of my recollection about this type of thing.
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

I believe that is correct about the 1st day issue thing and data.
Too bad it is creased and not in too good shape, it is very collectible for Nolan fans for sure..

Wow thanks for the information! It really is too bad I found this in the shape it is in. It was located on the bottom of a box of 1000 loose cards. Someone out there might want it still, I am not a Ryan fan but I still thought this was prett cool.... As far as the local hobby shop I purchased this from, I doubt I wil ever go back. He might have some cool nostalgia but if he doesn't take care of it, what's the point...
~The resident mafia guy~

Something else that was just brought to my attention. Next year will be the anniversary date (20 years) of this event. Neat stuff!
~The resident mafia guy~