`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: The bay chargebacks

OT: The bay chargebacks
So I sold an item for over $200 on the bay and that was 2 weeks ago and just recieved and e-mail saying the customer did not authorize the purchase and has filed a chargeback with his cc company. I shipped it to a confirmed Paypal address in his name and he also e-mailed me about the item to make sure I had sent and it was a best offer deal done throuh e-bay.So am I gonna get screwed or what? anybody dealt with a chargebacks before? Sucks because they took the money and put it on hold and I just won like 5 auctions on cards and My paypal is drained.
Photobucket

RE: OT: The bay chargebacks
Ouch! I have only dealt with one chargeback and it was about 4 years ago. I didnt use DC so I got stuck eating the $300 but it was insinuated that if I had DC and it went to the address on file I was cleared. But I am not 100% sure. If you can prove it was delivered I think they wont keep the money but not sure. I would suggest calling them. Especially if the guys feedback shows he buys cards.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I hear this happening more often. People pay with a CC and wait a while then claim they didn't authorize it and the CC company gets their money back. But its hard to say that on a best offer...
Id contact ebay/paypal with all the info and see what can be done.
Hope you get your money man.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

Tell me you sent it with a dc. If u did and it shows he received it send the buyer an email. Sounds fishy but no d/c and your toast. I would think

Yep you are pretty much screwed unless you take it up with the local authorities showing where you sent the item and that he filed a chargeback therefore legally saying he didn't want the item. You might end up paying shipping to have it sent back to you but if he refuses to send it back I'd for sure get the local authorities involved.

I've had it happen once in my 10+ years on ebay. I sold an 1:24 scale autographed diecast Nascar car and the stupid idiot filed a case with Paypal stating the item was broken because the wheels didn't roll. First off who is going to buy an autographed items and want to play with it and secondly the wheels aren't supposed to roll it's a collectible. Some peoples children!!! lol

I sent it through paypal with D/C to an address they showed as confirmed.I hoping that will help but this is BS
Photobucket

Had that happen too several years ago when I sold a DeAngelo Hall SPA for like $45 or something. Sent with DC and they filed a chargeback. They got their money back and I never got my item back

Im figuring that whats going to happen but I really not in the position to lose $242 at this time ...
so I contacted another seller who he bought something from at around the same time and this is what he sent me...I asked Did you receive a chargeback from this member ....His reply

"Hi,
Yes, I sure did! After he purchased, I noticed his eBay shipping address was different from his Paypal confirmed address, so I emailed him thru eBay email and he told me that the Paypal shipping address was correct. It shipped, was delivered there, and it was signed for by "Portillo". I submitted all this info to Paypal, so I'm waiting to see what happens next. Good Luck!"

so I guess we will see
Photobucket

Wow pretty sad please post the user name so I can block them from bidding on my stuff

his name is saulportillo23 he bought a tool from me and the rest was audio stuff no cards but still a good idea to block him.... In case you sell other stuff
Photobucket