`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Player worn" relics

"Player worn" relics
I thought it would be fun to look at different year cards to see the verbage on the back about jerseys. Here is what i came up with. Enjoy! Feel free to add!

[Image: IMG_4277.jpg]

2008 Donruss

[Image: IMG_9999.jpg]

2009 Panini

[Image: IMG_1463.jpg]

2011 Panini

[Image: IMG_7229.jpg]

2011 Topps

[Image: IMG_6662.jpg]
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: "Player worn" relics
Looks like neither company wants to be called on the carpet for saying the relic comes from a specific player and specific event.

I guess the Saints relic is legit if it comes from some Saints' player whether it's Brees or not!

Why do they even bother saying anything at all?

Yeah its getting bad and is upsetting me greatly. Pretty soon their just going to say, "This piece of jersey was made by Reebok....errrrrr Nike.......uh, we dont really know. Enjoy!"
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(03-16-2012, 01:42 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Yeah its getting bad and is upsetting me greatly. Pretty soon their just going to say, "This piece of jersey was made by Reebok....errrrrr Nike.......uh, we dont really know. Enjoy!"
lol. i love this statement. "the enclosed game worn jersey is guaranteed by panini"....guaranteed NOT to be drew brees? guaranteed game worn by our children from their pee wee uniforms?
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

"This piece of... something... was wafted in the general direction of the player shown on the front. Whether or not he even saw this... something... is up for discussion."
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

this is my favorite... what a JOKE this hobby has become...

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/05/play...ge-things/
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

The memorabilia contained in this card contains polyester, cotton, or leather. We fully guarantee that these items have a good chance of being real.

For this reason gentlemen is why i have been saving and purchasing these......
Full game worn jerseys.
Why have a 1x1 chunck of the jersey when you can have the entire thing.
[Image: DSCN1676.jpg]

Yes i know they can be expensive but so much better imo.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(03-16-2012, 04:21 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: For this reason gentlemen is why i have been saving and purchasing these......
Full game worn jerseys.
Why have a 1x1 chunk of the jersey when you can have the entire thing.
[Image: DSCN1676.jpg]

Yes i know they can be expensive but so much better imo.
Gadsden, could not agree more, save up and buy a full game worn jersey.
The Event worn jerseys as inserts, I never buy them, the famous picture of Mark Ingram (Saints) last year proved what I always felt to be true, sometimes the only contact with the players was him possibly holding it before he needed help to pull it over his head onto of the eleven or more he was already wearing whilst he's walking around a hotel ballroom. Not at the L.A. Coliseum where the staged managed rookie premiere is. Cel photos destroyed the dirty little secret of event worn jerseys!!!.

I was excited in 2006 with Donruss Threads with Leon Washington & Kellen Clemens (Jets) at the rookie premiere was released. Building the signed nameplates of the players. I decided to give it a try with ebay purchases. Until......

1) Clemens had 210 cards, 30 per letter (60 letter 'E'), Washington had 200 cards 20 per letter (40 letter 'N'). I was going to have to buy 7 parallel RC's of Clemens, 10 parallel RC's of Washington and they are effectively super shortprinted.

2) On ebay, they were selling at $60-80 per letter, that was going to be a big cost to collect 17 cards and possibly by stuck at 'lemen' and 'washnto when the cards no longer became available. It would be of no benefit if the letter 'S' kept reappearing, I would only need one for each player. It would only look good when a nameplate finished.

3) Beckett showed pictures from the rookie premiere of Reggie Bush (July 2006 issue) signing a strip of 6 black letter 'U', that design would appear on a white shirt if it were a real nameplate, beneath that sheet being signed were mini individual strips of black letter 'S', 'U' & 'H', to his left on the table are gold 'S' letters, a second photo has sheets of black 'B', 'U' and 'S' letters. They are manufactured letters that will never have attached to a shirt.

I accept a lot of people like nameplates, their threads proudly display them, people in this forum announce they have complete DeMarco 'MURRAY' or Dez 'BRYANT'. I congratulate them on their success, my humble opinion is the card manufacturers are deceiving buyers into buying multiple RC's, driving up demand when they are not real nameplate letters.

(03-17-2012, 12:14 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Gadsden, could not agree more, save up and buy a full game worn jersey.
The Event worn jerseys as inserts, I never buy them, the famous picture of Mark Ingram (Saints) last year proved what I always felt to be true, sometimes the only contact with the players was him possibly holding it before he needed help to pull it over his head onto of the eleven or more he was already wearing whilst he's walking around a hotel ballroom. Not at the L.A. Coliseum where the staged managed rookie premiere is. Cel photos destroyed the dirty little secret of event worn jerseys!!!.

I was excited in 2006 with Donruss Threads with Leon Washington & Kellen Clemens (Jets) at the rookie premiere was released. Building the signed nameplates of the players. I decided to give it a try with ebay purchases. Until......

1) Clemens had 210 cards, 30 per letter (60 letter 'E'), Washington had 200 cards 20 per letter (40 letter 'N'). I was going to have to buy 7 parallel RC's of Clemens, 10 parallel RC's of Washington and they are effectively super shortprinted.

2) On ebay, they were selling at $60-80 per letter, that was going to be a big cost to collect 17 cards and possibly by stuck at 'lemen' and 'washnto when the cards no longer became available. It would be of no benefit if the letter 'S' kept reappearing, I would only need one for each player. It would only look good when a nameplate finished.

3) Beckett showed pictures from the rookie premiere of Reggie Bush (July 2006 issue) signing a strip of 6 black letter 'U', that design would appear on a white shirt if it were a real nameplate, beneath that sheet being signed were mini individual strips of black letter 'S', 'U' & 'H', to his left on the table are gold 'S' letters, a second photo has sheets of black 'B', 'U' and 'S' letters. They are manufactured letters that will never have attached to a shirt.

I accept a lot of people like nameplates, their threads proudly display them, people in this forum announce they have complete DeMarco 'MURRAY' or Dez 'BRYANT'. I congratulate them on their success, my humble opinion is the card manufacturers are deceiving buyers into buying multiple RC's, driving up demand when they are not real nameplate letters.
There was one time that the Letters weren't manufactured. I remembered getting a Hasselbeck letterman. Well it was #'d 1/1 and stated it was game worn. It needs to go back to that way.
Eddie George Super Collector