`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's this for a retail value box?

How's this for a retail value box?
As you may know, I've pulled many a great card in my years of collecting. Heck, I even pulled a Ken Griffey Jr. Autograph from a $3 pack of 2006 Upper Deck 2, and considered it "My greatest thrill in collecting" (to date, nothing has come close.)

As great as the Griffey auto was (and still is), the pack was also a hobby pack. The pull i'm going to showcase was from a Wal-Mart retail configuration. The box ($19.99 @ Wal-Mart) states that you will receive either 1 graded card, 1 rookie card, 1 autographed card, or 1 game-used card plus 10 MLB packs per box. I know some people might shy away, but being a thrill seeker, i thought "What the heck" and bought it.
Smart move, i learned immediately. In this box was the card shown here on the scan. This goes to show you that retail configurations can deliver, too. Only two words left to say: GAME OVER

[Image: GameOver.jpg]
[Image: rattboycopy.jpg]

I NEVER trade Bowman Chrome cards, just so you know Big Grin

RE: How's this for a retail value box?
Congrats on the pull!
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

Yeah but the card is rough and his arm is blown out. He's not a wanted man.

it was 19.99...you can't argue with a GU/Auto /30 for that...isn't that half the fun of it all?

Nice Pull!!!

not to be a party pooper but..
well..
ok i wont be a party pooper

yes it works for me
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Pretty cool!

Titillating. I must have bought over 30, that's right, 30 blaster boxes last year and not one relic let alone an auto. I did, however, dig up the mantle virtual ring which nabbed me the Diamond Anniversary ring. Not sure if it was a predisposed code or just timing, but I'm happy with that.

Not buying blasters no more. I don't like the new patches in them. I'll stick to buying a pack or two in the slightest hope of retaining a short print or nice giveaway code. It's hobby from now on for this collector.
[Image: RsYW2.png]
Collecting 2011 Topps Parallels, Heritage, Chrome and Commemorative Patches.

Nice pull !!!
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector