`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Shoutout to leadmetogreatness

Major Shoutout to leadmetogreatness
Again, unexpectedly, he sent me another package. A box of about 200 Pistons cards. Of those, I needed 32. This puts me only 11 cards away from 3,700 different Pistons cards. leadmetogreatness, you are one of Beckett's best members and it is an honor to trade with you and have you on Beckett. I'm sure I'm not the only one with those sentiments. One of these days, we'll all be able to repay you the way you've helped our collections.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Major Shoutout to leadmetogreatness
Where do you store all these cards lol
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Very cool. Leadmetogreatness is definitely one of the best traders I've dealt with on Beckett, always a pleasure.

(03-13-2012, 11:22 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Where do you store all these cards lol
What, all of my Pistons cards? I actually need to upgrade my storage (explanation at the end). They're all in sleeves in card boxes (2 1600ct, 1 800ct, and a few smaller boxes). One day, they'll all be graded (BGS) and I'll have a man cave where the walls are covered with them. Smile And just think, I have over 12,000 more listed as wants. My goal is to have one copy of every NBA licensed Pistons card ever made. But my criteria for a Pistons card isn't the same as everyone else's.

1. In a Pistons uniform
  2. Or card says Traded to/Drafted by Pistons
  3. Or Olympic card the year they played for the Pistons
  4. Or Card from a year when they played for the Pistons (like if they're in a suit or something other than a jersey)

All of those are Pistons cards to me. If I ever got to where I have one copy of ever Pistons card ever made (oh yeah, not including 1/1, not too worried about them), then there will be a new criteria, but I'm not sure what I'd want to go with first. Either:

Cards of players who played for the Pistons, but not a Pistons card (including college, but after all NBA cards have been collected).

OR

Cards where a Pistons player (or Pistons floor) is in the background.

But, like I said, I have been collecting Pistons as my main PC for about 3 years now and I still have 12,000+ more to go and it grows every year.

And by upgrading my storage, I would like to buy newer boxes, buy dividers to separate years (helps for searching), buy a 10,000 ct box of sleeves (my OCD wants them all to be the same size, lol), and was thinking about getting labels to print the card description on them. A label big enough to where I can put the label on the top of the sleeve and fold it over (so the card doesn't slip out and the description is in the front (make shift sleeve version of BGS, lol). This honestly might start happening next month if I'm lucky.

Does that explain it? lol.

The label on the card sleeve is quite not recommended by me. The sticky part of the label will damage your card sleeve and raw card as time passes by. Remember that as time passes by so does the weather and humidity. I know that you can have a controlled environment but it is still dangerous for the raw cards. I have read some posts in this forum that in about 10 years or 20 years that the raw card in a card sleeve with a sticker price tag on it, eventually made it through the card sleeve and managed to make contact on the raw cards surface. I think that is the same for labels.

I would recommend to put your raw cards that are already in card sleeves in team bags of 10 cards (35 pt). Get an index card that will fit the cardboard boxes you use or cut into size to fit. That index card will have the use of the label that you want.

I hope this helps or is accepted. Let me know.
I almost forgot to say Kudos to Lead Me To Greatness! Five star thread!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-14-2012, 12:57 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: The label on the card sleeve is quite not recommended by me. The sticky part of the label will damage your card sleeve and raw card as time passes by. Remember that as time passes by so does the weather and humidity. I know that you can have a controlled environment but it is still dangerous for the raw cards. I have read some posts in this forum that in about 10 years or 20 years that the raw card in a card sleeve with a sticker price tag on it, eventually made it through the card sleeve and managed to make contact on the raw cards surface. I think that is the same for labels.

I would recommend to put your raw cards that are already in card sleeves in team bags of 10 cards (35 pt). Get an index card that will fit the cardboard boxes you use or cut into size to fit. That index card will have the use of the label that you want.

I hope this helps or is accepted. Let me know.
I almost forgot to say Kudos to Lead Me To Greatness! Five star thread!
The team bag idea, no offense, but it wouldn't look as nice and neat as I would like it to be.

As for the labels, I'd look to see if there were labels with less "aggressive" adhesive before doing it. But I really like knowing exactly what card it is I'm looking at when I look at it, hence one of my major reasons for liking grading. There are cards where the back doesn't specifically say what year the card is, and it's not on the front. It may say "Copyright 2005" and not have any stats or anything on the front that states what product it is, and that could be for a 2004-05 or 2005-06 card. When you get bigger trades and you have to put cards in order (as I have them), it can become tedious. So I would like some amateur way to label them, so I'll do my investigating before doing it (but I do want all new sleeves though, lol).

Also, as I've stated many times before on other threads, in due time, I want to get all (yes, all, including the $0.05 cards) of my cards graded. For those who don't like math, stop reading now. lol.

I can get a card graded for $6 a card if I send in 200 cards at one time.

SIMPLE MATH
3,700 cards
@200 a shipment - 18.5 shipments
@200 cards (including shipping, insurance, etc.) = $1,300 per shipment
18.5 x $1,300 = $24,050
To accomplish in ten years - $2,405 a year, essentially two shipments per year (400 card graded per year)

COMPLEX MATH
Assuming 200-400 more cards added to PC per year (trade, buying, breaking, etc.)
@200 more cards per year - it would take 18.5 years to be caught up and 6700 cards would be graded and assuming the number of new cards added for Pistons per year is around 500 new cards per year and I would only have a little over 25% of all Pistons cards ( Sad, every year my percentage goes down ).
@400 more cards per year - NEVER ENDING!!!

Once I got caught up, I would then send in every time I got two hundred cards (assuming I had the money). And mind you, this could all change if they gave even bigger discounts for even bigger submissions. And no, BCCG nor PSA nor SGC are options for grading. I only like the BGS/BVG slabs.

Sounds like he is leading your Pistons PC to Greatness.

Sorry for the bad Pun LOL

(03-14-2012, 06:14 AM)bbills1999 Wrote: Sounds like he is leading your Pistons PC to Greatness.

Sorry for the bad Pun LOL
Lol +1
Having every piston card would be the craziest accomplishment..i wish i could do that for the lakers lmao
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

+1 for LMTG
Smile 
(03-14-2012, 01:42 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: The team bag idea, no offense, but it wouldn't look as nice and neat as I would like it to be.

As for the labels, I'd look to see if there were labels with less "aggressive" adhesive before doing it. But I really like knowing exactly what card it is I'm looking at when I look at it, hence one of my major reasons for liking grading. There are cards where the back doesn't specifically say what year the card is, and it's not on the front. It may say "Copyright 2005" and not have any stats or anything on the front that states what product it is, and that could be for a 2004-05 or 2005-06 card. When you get bigger trades and you have to put cards in order (as I have them), it can become tedious. So I would like some amateur way to label them, so I'll do my investigating before doing it (but I do want all new sleeves though, lol).

Also, as I've stated many times before on other threads, in due time, I want to get all (yes, all, including the $0.05 cards) of my cards graded. For those who don't like math, stop reading now. lol.

I can get a card graded for $6 a card if I send in 200 cards at one time.

SIMPLE MATH
3,700 cards
@200 a shipment - 18.5 shipments
@200 cards (including shipping, insurance, etc.) = $1,300 per shipment
18.5 x $1,300 = $24,050
To accomplish in ten years - $2,405 a year, essentially two shipments per year (400 card graded per year)

COMPLEX MATH
Assuming 200-400 more cards added to PC per year (trade, buying, breaking, etc.)
@200 more cards per year - it would take 18.5 years to be caught up and 6700 cards would be graded and assuming the number of new cards added for Pistons per year is around 500 new cards per year and I would only have a little over 25% of all Pistons cards ( Sad, every year my percentage goes down ).
@400 more cards per year - NEVER ENDING!!!

Once I got caught up, I would then send in every time I got two hundred cards (assuming I had the money). And mind you, this could all change if they gave even bigger discounts for even bigger submissions. And no, BCCG nor PSA nor SGC are options for grading. I only like the BGS/BVG slabs.
Simple or complex math, it all ends up with a very high cost. That cost is actually pre-determined and will never ever be specific because as long as there is NBA (basketball in general) and there are Card Manufacturers, your quest is a never ending story. It is not a bad thing but, it is quite amusing to know someone's goal. It may actually be amazing but, that would only be realized when it is nearly done or completely finished. I like the enthusiasm that I see in you and I would also want that for me and my collection. Good luck to our collections! Smile

By the way, what would you do if BGS/BVG slabs are changed in the future? Just like PSA did... Let us know and thanks.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?