`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ugliest Auto

RE: Ugliest Auto
From what I see Hank Aaron has a Ugly Auto as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-13-2012, 10:35 PM)motu79 Wrote: Sandberg is a fellow Washingtonian so you have to at least get one, but yeah make sure it's a good one. A lot of his autos on stickers seem real crunched together. I've got a nice 8x10 with a full sig on it and it looks good!
I have seen some decent 8x10. I was also thinking that would be the way to go.

I always thought Sandberg had one of the better autos out there. I think it looks pretty cool with the mash up of loops.

Ugliest auto hands down goes to the football player V. Marony (or something like that) that just signed a V M.

If Sandberg had ever given my daughter an auto any of the nine different minor league games we went to his first managerial season where she asked for one (for herself, on her own, not for me, not with me), I would ask her to give you one, and she would. She is not a fan of his after that season. All other Cubs, yes. Sandberg, no.

One time he even took her pen and said, "I'll be right back." She waited and waited. He never came back and my young daughter never even got her pen returned or an auto. I have the Sharpie cap on a shelf in my "card room", as it is the closest that particular HOFer ever got to signing anything of my daughter's.

I still collect his cards, as I am a Cubs fan, but my daughter is unsure why I do.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-14-2012, 05:34 PM)jonathani Wrote: If Sandberg had ever given my daughter an auto any of the nine different minor league games we went to his first managerial season where she asked for one (for herself, on her own, not for me, not with me), I would ask her to give you one, and she would. She is not a fan of his after that season. All other Cubs, yes. Sandberg, no.

One time he even took her pen and said, "I'll be right back." She waited and waited. He never came back and my young daughter never even got her pen returned or an auto. I have the Sharpie cap on a shelf in my "card room", as it is the closest that particular HOFer ever got to signing anything of my daughter's.

I still collect his cards, as I am a Cubs fan, but my daughter is unsure why I do.

JonathanI
Oh my... That is not a good experience for a child. I will try to lighten up my child from that experience and maybe inspire my child to collect another player (active or retired). I know, sometimes life is unfair and sometimes people get a little bit on the naughty side but, it is the way that our world revolves around. Smile

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?