`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If Denver gets Manning, were does Tebow get traded too.

RE: If Denver gets Manning, were does Tebow get traded too.
(03-13-2012, 11:50 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: As far away from John Fox and John Elway as possible will be fine with me.

Seattle , Buffalo, Jacksonville, heck even Miami could use him at this point not likely to get Manning, Flynn going to Cleveland and Henne not coming back.

Then who will be our back-up QB?. Some say Weeden, but by the time Peyton is done, Weedan will be what, 32+?.

I'd take Tebow everyday, anyday of the week over anyone qb coming out this year that is not named Luck or Griffin III.
HE> I

its Tim Tebow... Who Cares?

(03-13-2012, 11:55 PM)donbickle707 Wrote: its Tim Tebow... Who Cares?
I do. He helped the Broncos win a playoff game and snap a 6 year drought. So again, i do.

HE> I

Im not going to argue that the broncos won a playoff game (division winner, right?) but to say Tebow "led" them to a victory or even to the playoffs is kind of far fetched. I think the TEAM got themselves to the playoffs (hats off to the defense) and Tebow just went along for the ride. I mean 2 completions, need I say more?
Sorry, You did say "helped" and not "led" just to be clear, I did make a mistake

Too many questions concerning Manning's health, which is why a lot of teams that would have loved to have had him, are a hesitant to take him now.

1. How is the rebuilt neck going to hold up under constantly being sacked, especially in Denver, Manning isn't exactly mobile, and he is going to have limited range of motion in his neck since the did fuse vertebrates together.

2. How much nerve damage was done before the surgery, and especially after the surgery, even if there is moderate nerve damage, he is not going to have the range to throw the football like he used too.

Denver can't afford Manning, and they cannot afford to take a chance, trade away their experienced qb, and have Manning knocked out in the first or 2nd game, and then have noone experienced enough to backup, unless they plan on keeping Quinn, who is a free agent..

Quinn doesn't mind sitting on the bench and getting paid, Tebow would, he would have too many people telling him he is doing the wrong thing, if he did, especially now that he has started, and he has to live up to higher expectations now with his family , friends, church etc...
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Phins??? Id take him just for some excitement.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-14-2012, 12:15 AM)donbickle707 Wrote: Im not going to argue that the broncos won a playoff game (division winner, right?) but to say Tebow "led" them to a victory or even to the playoffs is kind of far fetched. I think the TEAM got themselves to the playoffs (hats off to the defense) and Tebow just went along for the ride. I mean 2 completions, need I say more?
Sorry, You did say "helped" and not "led" just to be clear, I did make a mistake
Of course it's a team win, i never said that it wasn't.

I'm not here to argue too, but you should know that Tebow is a guy who is a great role model for kids, and who a lot of people look up to and respect.

Tebow is a player who indeed brings something special to the team, and if you don't believe me you can ask Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, Von Miller and others about him (as they've previously stated their opinion on Tebow).

And just to let you know that the Broncos were a RUN on 1st, RUN on 2nd, Throw on 3rd, Punt on 4th team. We were a run first team inwhich Tebow was a vital part of that success.

Believe me, and i'm not the only one who was fed up with the play calling of Coach McCoy, but yes the play calling had stunt Tebows development as a passer (He has to throw to learn).

Also, please remember that there was no offseason last year, but with a full offseason this year, i definitely can see him making improvements (with or without Manning).

Lastly, to say that Tebow was just along for the ride is all wrong.

(03-14-2012, 12:36 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Too many questions concerning Manning's health, which is why a lot of teams that would have loved to have had him, are a hesitant to take him now.

1. How is the rebuilt neck going to hold up under constantly being sacked, especially in Denver, Manning isn't exactly mobile, and he is going to have limited range of motion in his neck since the did fuse vertebrates together.

2. How much nerve damage was done before the surgery, and especially after the surgery, even if there is moderate nerve damage, he is not going to have the range to throw the football like he used too.

Denver can't afford Manning, and they cannot afford to take a chance, trade away their experienced qb, and have Manning knocked out in the first or 2nd game, and then have noone experienced enough to backup, unless they plan on keeping Quinn, who is a free agent..

Quinn doesn't mind sitting on the bench and getting paid, Tebow would, he would have too many people telling him he is doing the wrong thing, if he did, especially now that he has started, and he has to live up to higher expectations now with his family , friends, church etc...
I understand what you're saying Shezdoni. But here is a tidbit from the washington post which i find as some good news, but not a sure thing until Peyton does a team workout (maybe in pads or light drills.scrimmage).

Here it is:

Meetings with Manning, according to reports, are football-centric. The former Colts quarterback, recovering from neck surgery, was not believed to be throwing for any of the teams he visited, but he found time to fling it to his former Colts teammate Brandon Stokley, during his stay in Colorado.

“I'll put whatever reputation I have on the line behind that guy right now,” Stokley told the Denver Post’s Mike Klis. “He looks great.”

Manning stayed overnight at Stokley’s house and got in a workout with him, throwing about 50 passes his way. Manning also has been working out at Duke as his triceps nerve regenerates and his arm strength increases.

“I saw him for three days at Duke and he was the only quarterback [throwing to four or five receivers],” Stokley said, “and he threw a ton of balls for three straight practices and the guy looked to me like he did when I was there [at the Colts] six years ago.”

According to Stokley, there’s no reason for any team to be concerned about not having seen Manning throw. “People who say, ‘The Broncos are crazy for not watching his balls fly,’ or ‘What are they doing?’ — those people are dead wrong,” Stokley said.

HE> I

(03-14-2012, 03:27 AM)broncoboy27 Wrote: Meetings with Manning, according to reports, are football-centric. The former Colts quarterback, recovering from neck surgery, was not believed to be throwing for any of the teams he visited, but he found time to fling it to his former Colts teammate Brandon Stokley, during his stay in Colorado.

“I'll put whatever reputation I have on the line behind that guy right now,” Stokley told the Denver Post’s Mike Klis. “He looks great.”
He is not throwing for any of the teams he has visited, that to me, would be setting off alarm bells in my head, so why take the risk?

But then again these teams that are courting him are also in fantasy land with the opportunity to have Peyton Manning on their team, and just looking at things he had done in the past, not what he can do here in the present or future.

I know if I were the team owner, coach, etc...., the first thing I would do is tell the player's agent, that I want to see him throw, I want to see how he reacts under pressure with the defense coming at him, then set up a work out session, before even talking to them about terms for a deal, and by the Bronco's not forcing that. it just goes to show how stupid and ignorant John Elway and his organization is (Bronco fans, please do not take any offense, just merely stating that the worst decision, the Bronco owners did, was bring Elway in as suit for the team.because all he is doing is becoming a distraction to the team)

A lot of people are looking at the whole situation with Elway in the wrong direction, He doesn't want the team to succeed, he wants to be remembered as the greatest Qb that ever played in Denver, what other reason could he possibly have, to bring in a questionable player as far as health, age and mobility are concerned, and get rid of the player that has played well, is younger, and has more potential and ability in the future

Elway's problem with Tebow is, he is scared that Tebow, will become more popular than he was, and that truly scares John Elway, that people won't recognize him as the greatest Qb to play for Denver, and Tebow will, that he will lose his fan base, and all the accolades that go with it, the best thing the Bronco's could do is fire Elway. And I am not a fan of Tim Tebow but he does have a lot more to offer than Peyton Manning has left.

John Elway was a Good QB, not a great QB.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Manning will not "mentor" Tebow... he will be traded to a team hoping to get a slightly better QB than they have at the time... maybe: Phins,hawks...who knows... I personally think betting the farm on Manning at this time is absolutely insane... but, hey, what do I know...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

He gets traded to the Fullback position where he can do some damage!!