`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some opinions please!

RE: Some opinions please!
More wax = More fun. It's that simple. Smile And you collect MJ, there is no MJ in Elite. I love the product, haven't broken it, but have a few cards and they are sweet, but if it's less for more or more for less, I always go more for less. Hope that helps.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Despite the responses being nearly split 50/50, this thread actually helped me decide!

I won an old school box on the 'bay I didn't expect to win (94-95 SP Championship, haven't seen one of those come up in a while!) so I'm using the rest of my money to send in my first batch of cards to get graded Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
Smile 
(03-13-2012, 11:11 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Despite the responses being nearly split 50/50, this thread actually helped me decide!

I won an old school box on the 'bay I didn't expect to win (94-95 SP Championship, haven't seen one of those come up in a while!) so I'm using the rest of my money to send in my first batch of cards to get graded Smile
Good luck on busting that '94-'95 SP Championship (Hobby or Retail?) Box!
Also, good luck on your BGS or BVG submissions! Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Yea man good decision, good luck on the grading let us know what you are sending...
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

If you sending those jordan floors in for grading I'm kind of interested in what they come back as.

(03-13-2012, 12:46 PM)libs021 Wrote: If you sending those jordan floors in for grading I'm kind of interested in what they come back as.
Haha actually I am. The pop reports have been pretty unfavorable on them, none have been above an 8.5 but the ones I got from you look pretty good I think they should get at least that 8.5 if not 9's. The list of what I'm sending in is below for those of you curious. And they're all Jordans so I won't bother putting the player haha

1991-92 Upper Deck Promos #1
1995-96 Metal Slick Silver #3 (possibly my favorite insert set ever!)
1995-96 Topps Top Flight #TF1
1995-96 Topps Mystery Finest Refractors #M1
1997-98 Bowman's Best Refractors #60
1997-98 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractors #MI1 (w/ Mercer, Payton & Marbury)
1997-98 Topps Chrome Season's Best Refractors #6
2000 Upper Deck Century Legends MJ Final Floor Jumbos #s FF6 & FF9
2010-11 SP Authentic Michael Jordan Supreme Court Floor #8

I have many that book higher than some of the cards listed here, but these are all in great shape (that 91-92 UD promo card looks so fabulous I'll be ticked if it doesn't get a 10!) or I want them slabbed b/c they're tough to store securely (all the floor cards!). I'll ship out tomorrow and am getting 10-day service.

Shoutout to libs021 for our trade for those jumbo floor pieces awhile back. The rest were all pulls (yeah, I've pulled 4 MJ refractors, absurd dumb luck for the mid-range 90's MJs!) except for the promo card, but I can't for the life of me remember who I traded with on here to get it. It really is in great shape though, so thanks whoever you are!

Wish me luck! I'll be sure to post scans when they come back!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(03-13-2012, 01:22 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Haha actually I am. The pop reports have been pretty unfavorable on them, none have been above an 8.5 but the ones I got from you look pretty good I think they should get at least that 8.5 if not 9's. The list of what I'm sending in is below for those of you curious. And they're all Jordans so I won't bother putting the player haha

1991-92 Upper Deck Promos #1
1995-96 Metal Slick Silver #3 (possibly my favorite insert set ever!)
1995-96 Topps Top Flight #TF1
1995-96 Topps Mystery Finest Refractors #M1
1997-98 Bowman's Best Refractors #60
1997-98 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractors #MI1 (w/ Mercer, Payton & Marbury)
1997-98 Topps Chrome Season's Best Refractors #6
2000 Upper Deck Century Legends MJ Final Floor Jumbos #s FF6 & FF9
2010-11 SP Authentic Michael Jordan Supreme Court Floor #8

I have many that book higher than some of the cards listed here, but these are all in great shape (that 91-92 UD promo card looks so fabulous I'll be ticked if it doesn't get a 10!) or I want them slabbed b/c they're tough to store securely (all the floor cards!). I'll ship out tomorrow and am getting 10-day service.

Shoutout to libs021 for our trade for those jumbo floor pieces awhile back. The rest were all pulls (yeah, I've pulled 4 MJ refractors, absurd dumb luck for the mid-range 90's MJs!) except for the promo card, but I can't for the life of me remember who I traded with on here to get it. It really is in great shape though, so thanks whoever you are!

Wish me luck! I'll be sure to post scans when they come back!
Good luck

(03-13-2012, 11:14 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Good luck on busting that '94-'95 SP Championship (Hobby or Retail?) Box!
Also, good luck on your BGS or BVG submissions! Smile
The SP "Championship" was the retail version of SP....The normal SP was the Hobby version that year. I busted a box of the SP (hobby) not too long ago and had a blast....good luck to you buckunteer.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!
Smile 
(03-13-2012, 03:04 PM)got watcha want Wrote: The SP "Championship" was the retail version of SP....The normal SP was the Hobby version that year. I busted a box of the SP (hobby) not too long ago and had a blast....good luck to you buckunteer.
You gotcha want I want... An answer! Thanks much!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

haha sorry I forgot to answer that. 94-95 and 95-96 SP Championship were both that way. I broke a 95-96 SP Championship box awhile box and it was a blast! Pulled the whole Championship Shots insert set (1 per pack, lots of great doubles including MJ), and the gold Garnett.

Both years' boxes are a TON of fun to bust too: 44 packs w/ 6 cards per pack. Here's hoping for a die-cut MJ (preferably the playoff heroes insert!)