`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some opinions please!

RE: Some opinions please!
(03-13-2012, 03:46 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Here's hoping for a die-cut MJ (preferably the playoff heroes insert!)
A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....I was in junior high when this stuff came out and a close friend of mine liked to run to Wal-Mart and steal packs of card by slipping them into his Charlotte Hornets Starter jacket.

I am pretty sure it was a hot card when he brought it to school, but he actually pulled that MJ playoff heroes die-cut from a stolen pack.

About a month later he went back for more and got caught by the store's staff. When his mother took him back home after the hassle of the local PD and the Wal-Mart staff, she had her own punishment. He was to go and grab his collection and his mother had him pull that card out first because he had been so excited about it recently.

As he stood there in front of his mother at 14 years old, he had that sweet card in his hand. She then instructed him to remove it from the holder and................rip it in half. He then did so while crying and I think I even shed a tear when I saw the end result of that MJ.

You can be assured that he never stole again. EVER!!!

We actually talked about it last year at our ten year HS reunion. Funny, that last post brought that story back to me.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(03-13-2012, 04:07 PM)got watcha want Wrote: A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....I was in junior high when this stuff came out and a close friend of mine liked to run to Wal-Mart and steal packs of card by slipping them into his Charlotte Hornets Starter jacket.

I am pretty sure it was a hot card when he brought it to school, but he actually pulled that MJ playoff heroes die-cut from a stolen pack.

About a month later he went back for more and got caught by the store's staff. When his mother took him back home after the hassle of the local PD and the Wal-Mart staff, she had her own punishment. He was to go and grab his collection and his mother had him pull that card out first because he had been so excited about it recently.

As he stood there in front of his mother at 14 years old, he had that sweet card in his hand. She then instructed him to remove it from the holder and................rip it in half. He then did so while crying and I think I even shed a tear when I saw the end result of that MJ.

You can be assured that he never stole again. EVER!!!

We actually talked about it last year at our ten year HS reunion. Funny, that last post brought that story back to me.
In a galaxy far far away......I used to have the same jacket. Smile Hand me downs.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards
Thumbs Up 
(03-13-2012, 03:46 PM)buckunteer Wrote: haha sorry I forgot to answer that. 94-95 and 95-96 SP Championship were both that way. I broke a 95-96 SP Championship box awhile box and it was a blast! Pulled the whole Championship Shots insert set (1 per pack, lots of great doubles including MJ), and the gold Garnett.

Both years' boxes are a TON of fun to bust too: 44 packs w/ 6 cards per pack. Here's hoping for a die-cut MJ (preferably the playoff heroes insert!)
Thanks!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Hey buckunteer.....

So I had some extra paypal funds from selling on ebay and I have been shopping for set needs with it. Then you post something about that MJ playoff heroes diecut....... So, I told my story in an earlier post.

So in my shopping I ran across one and bought it. It is ebay item # 300664426235

This thread was responsible for my last ebay purchase. Is that impulsive? My wife complains that I am a little too impulsive.

P.S. Your end of our trade has shipped today, I will send a DC # via our trade later.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(03-16-2012, 12:02 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Hey buckunteer.....

So I had some extra paypal funds from selling on ebay and I have been shopping for set needs with it. Then you post something about that MJ playoff heroes diecut....... So, I told my story in an earlier post.

So in my shopping I ran across one and bought it. It is ebay item # 300664426235

This thread was responsible for my last ebay purchase. Is that impulsive? My wife complains that I am a little too impulsive.

P.S. Your end of our trade has shipped today, I will send a DC # via our trade later.
haha impulsive? Maybe a little. It's a beautiful card though, so I understand perfectly! I tend to go buy retail crap I know I won't pull anything out of when I've had a bad day, which is certainly no better.

And I just got back from the post office myself, I'll be sending you the DC shortly.

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Update. Beckett sent me an e-mail that they received my cards today. I got 10-day service so I should have the grades in two weeks! I'm worried about the grade on that 95-96 mystery refractor. It spent years in a screw down holder and I'm afraid I will get MURDERED on the surface grade. 2-3 of the cards look so good I'm cautiously optimistic for a 10 though, so we'll see!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
Smile 
(03-19-2012, 10:37 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Update. Beckett sent me an e-mail that they received my cards today. I got 10-day service so I should have the grades in two weeks! I'm worried about the grade on that 95-96 mystery refractor. It spent years in a screw down holder and I'm afraid I will get MURDERED on the surface grade. 2-3 of the cards look so good I'm cautiously optimistic for a 10 though, so we'll see!
Good luck! I'll send my prayers to the surface of that mystery refractor. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?