Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubble Mailer and Shipping

RE: Bubble Mailer and Shipping
(03-12-2012, 07:27 PM)cmurphy342 Wrote: Guys,

Where do you all get your bubble mailers from? How do you all ship usually? How do you do the DC for only $.19.

Newbie here and been getting crushed on shipping and supplies.

Any advice would be helpful.

Bubble mailers from K-mart. Mine has a good selection of envelopes. And I use stamps.com.

[Image: bigdawg2.png]
Also collecting Ripken Jr, Barry Bonds and Griffiey Jr.

how do u use paypal shipping pm me with directions.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

i buy envolopes and stamps. i dont go to my post office, i package it and stamp it at home

(03-12-2012, 08:41 PM)908 Wrote: how do u use paypal shipping pm me with directions.
I too would like to know how to use this.

I buy mailers at wal mart might start getting the online. I just used pay pal for my first shipping labe way easy and dirt cheap compared to the post office ! I am not even kidding, I normally spend $30-40 a week on shipping and do this weeks for $18 on pay pal, all with dc ! Amazing..I also recycle all my mailers from other traders.

My personal opinion to save the most money and still be safe do the following.
If you play your cards right this will work really well and at a minimal cost.

Start by getting the following things to always be prepared.
1. Team Bags
2. Painters Tape (never use scotch tape on top loaders)
3. 10 Pack Bubble envelopes from Wal-Mart, Dollar General or where ever
4. Ink Cartridge for your printer
5. Roll of packing tape for envelopes not for top loaders
6. Pack of paper

The best cheapest way is to follow these simple steps IMO.
1. Always print shipping labels through Paypal where is $1.64 with DC for up to 3 ounces (about 7 cards in top loaders), mark it 3 ounces even if its less cause its the same price, if its more you need to be more accurate.
2. Tape the label to the envelope, load the card in a team bag and mail.
I use the painters tape on the top of the loader if short on team bags. I also use it to tape the sides if I have sandwiched a few cards or an extra thick card between two top loaders.

Now here is the money saver. When your first package arrives trim just the top edge, don't just rip into it like a kid at Christmas. (Your shipping first so that is why you bought 10 to keep you going until the packages start rolling in.) Now put your next trade in that envelope, use a sharpie to scribble out any old bar codes, names etc. Then place the new label over the old one and tape the edges and make sure you securely tape the top edge that was previously cut. Now you have just recycled the envelope and saved your self from buying more and more envelopes.

Again, just my opinion, but in over 575 trades I have never had an issue with shipping.

Oh, one last note. If shipping a graded card or any hard plastic case such as that always use cardboard on the outsides of the case as well cause if it were to run through the PO machine it does crush that hard plastic and crack or even shatter it at times. Trust me on that.

Okay after reading it seems I can help a few others by explaining Paypal shipping. First let me also say if your gonna buy the envelopes off eBay I recommend the 6x10. Its big enough for everything except 8x10s. If your shipping singles or small amounts the cut it in half and its perfect size for a shipping label and you just tape the open edge well. It works great and the prices are about the same as the small ones but you get twice as much if they are cut in half.

Now Paypal. Most guys use multi-order shipping. I do not. I use www.paypal.com/shipnow and it lets you do one at a time. Multi-order messes up a lot and doesn't function every day for some reason. Its technically not allowed to ship through Paypal for trades, its meant for eBay sales but a Paypal rep recommended using that web address for shipping cause it never messes up and its not technically breaking any rules.

After you get to the page its self explanatory. Just enter the address, select first class large envelope. Then select the ounces and form of payment. Its just that easy. Mine doesn't like printing through Google Chrome but does well through Internet Explorer but that may just be my computer.

The DC is included in Paypal shipping and its $1.64 for up to 3 ounces. You can't ship over 13 ounces as a first class mailer though so if you get over that change to a flat rate priority box. Those are free at the PO just grab a few and keep them on hand if your one who deals a lot like that.

I hope this helps everyone!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html