`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
My New York Jets Contenders RC, RC tickets and Inserts collection

RE: My New York Jets Contenders RC, RC tickets and Inserts collection
Ginge, awesome awesome AWESOME cards. I love it. As a Jets fan I really appreciate this, and it probably took a long time to get everything! I'm sending you a PM in a second about a trade opportunity!

GO JETS Big Grin
[Image: aimimg_2.jpg]

Collecting Darrelle Revis

(03-12-2012, 12:03 PM)BauerNYJ Wrote: Ginge, awesome awesome AWESOME cards. I love it. As a Jets fan I really appreciate this, and it probably took a long time to get everything! I'm sending you a PM in a second about a trade opportunity!

GO JETS Big Grin
Thank you Thank you Thank you.
I've been building it continually since 1998, backfiling the missing ones for Contenders back to the hoohum 1993 start.
I stopped for a couple of years 2001-2003, restarted with Erik Coleman only having a Contenders auto, no other RC auto.
So each year I add just the current year, expensive this year with two SP's.
Finding some of those early inserts (1994) or felt pennants (1997 curtis Martin or the 1998 parallels) is impossible to find.

I shall upload some new cards in the next two weeks, don't like to talk about them until they arrive, don't want to create competition for myself.

I'll PM back to you your trade opportunity

And yes, Go Jets, free agency starts this week, Sanchez extended, room under the salary cap, let's go get some talent to improve last years sub par roster.

Wow ginge some memories in those cards!! I have a long way to go to match your collection.

Call me crazy, but I think you've a good investment with anything Jeremy Kerley. He stepped up after Derrick Mason left...had a solid rookie year.

I hope the same happens this year with Greg McElroy back healthy. Sanchez needs some serious competition for starting QB.

(03-12-2012, 01:32 PM)estuaryman Wrote: Wow ginge some memories in those cards!! I have a long way to go to match your collection.

Call me crazy, but I think you've a good investment with anything Jeremy Kerley. He stepped up after Derrick Mason left...had a solid rookie year.

I hope the same happens this year with Greg McElroy back healthy. Sanchez needs some serious competition for starting QB.
I think Jeremy Kerley did well also, better than Derrick Mason when he got the chance.
Greg McElroy reminds me of Chad Pennington, very intelligent but not a strong arm, he was a tough as nails in preseason.

Yes, Mark Sanchez needs a backup who can legitimately take his place, we complain about him but in 3 years, he's had more playoff wins than any other Jets QB in history. True, the bar was not very high to clear but 4 road wins in the playoffs also tied a league record at the time I think. That's impressive but I don't want to think about him the past like I do with Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien or Chad Pennington. I want to think of him as still rising to great heights. I'll take a losing Super Bowl if he can go back and win it the second time. I didn't follow football in 1969 so I don't know the thrill of Super Bowl week, the Super Bowl for my team or the joy Giants fans keep getting with winning. To paraphrase Keyshawn Johnson 'just win the damn trophy'

Wow!! Great collection! Really put a lot of research and effort into it! Congrats!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(03-12-2012, 02:34 PM)alanch Wrote: Wow!! Great collection! Really put a lot of research and effort into it! Congrats!
Thanks, I've been following the Jets since 1982, collecting cards since 1996. This was a happy stroll down memory lane. I'm glad people enjoyed it, I'm happy to do the research and build the thread

I finally got one of the Playoff Contenders auto cards I've been after.
I had previously got the 3 base 2011 Contenders, (the Shortprint Greg McElroy 1 of 204, the Super Shortprint Jeremy Kerley 1 of 82) and the Bilal Powell, auto signed on card.
Today the Bilal Powell 1 of 25 variation arrived, the right side card is the Panini photoshopped black undershirt variation, compared to the base white undershirt on the left.

Also scanned are the autos, the Signs of Greatness Shonn Greene, the Legendary Contenders Curtis Martin & the Rookie Ink Bilal Powell.
All 3 autos were announced by Panini to be 1 of 25.
[Image: Jets2011ContendersInserts1.jpg]

Additional Playoff Contenders autos I've acquired recently,
2009 Rookie Roll Call Mark Sanchez 07/10, Legendary Contenders of Joe Namath 1 of 30 & Joe Klecko
2008 Rookie Roll Call Vernon Gholston 09/25 and ROY Contenders Dustin Keller 21/25
2007 Draft Class Darrelle Revis & David Harris 03/25
and 2005 Legendary Contenders Joe Namath 107/175.
[Image: Jets2011ContendersInserts2.jpg]

More Playoff Contenders autos to follow soon, to make this collection you have to have been drafted by the Jets, so there won't be any 2010 Tim Tebow RC Contenders appearing. Unless someone wants to give me both of them!!!

When I acquired the Sanchez Roll Call, Tebow was still a Bronco. A lot changes in the last month.

I'm glad to see you post again Joe, I missed it when this thread first came up. I was just thinking about the great threads you put up with your collections.
Congrats on getting the Powell SP and some of the inserts.
Is there a Tebow rc auto in your future????
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(04-17-2012, 01:36 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I'm glad to see you post again Joe, I missed it when this thread first came up. I was just thinking about the great threads you put up with your collections.
Congrats on getting the Powell SP and some of the inserts.
Is there a Tebow rc auto in your future????
Thanks Hardy,I'm glad I found the Powell, got it from a different forum, pleased with the price.

I am not branching out to 2010 or 2011 Tebow cards, he is a Bronco, my collection is strictly the Jets, when players go elsewhere (Santana Moss, John Abraham, Jonathan Vilma) I stop collecting that player as he is no longer a Jet when he's wearing a Redskins, Falcons or Saints uniform.
I shall watch the madness around Tebows 2012 autos, I have no idea what they will go for, crazy money probably for a backup!!

I feel that's what he will be, but if Sanchez struggles, well, let's wait and see, ultimately I want the Jets to win, but I don't want a crazy circus every Sunday.

I need to work on a new thread, maybe my 2009 collection or updates to 2000 or 2006. 2007 with Revis would be good also, need to focus and get it done.

really enjoyed this thread and the scans! nice pc going there
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.