`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heat finally perform in the clutch

RE: The Heat finally perform in the clutch
(03-11-2012, 11:22 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: just a couple of things, look at the past usa team rosters, you dont have to be a superstar (my reasonable opinion of a superstar) to be on the team, and not all people on the 50 greatest list was retired. and on lebron, he is absolutely balling this year, if miami finishes in the top 3 before the playoffs, i think lebron is a lock, well maybe lin might get it........ lol
lol don't stir stuff up man
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

i wouldnt stir stuff up unless it was needed lol, just stating some facts, and poking a little fun at the lin hype, to the poster i was referring to, please take no offense to my post, i wasnt calling you out or anything just stating some facts, and my opinion on lebron. its a forum, we are here to discuss and have fun.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 12:09 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: i wouldnt stir stuff up unless it was needed lol, just stating some facts, and poking a little fun at the lin hype, to the poster i was referring to, please take no offense to my post, i wasnt calling you out or anything just stating some facts, and my opinion on lebron. its a forum, we are here to discuss and have fun.
i was referring to callin lin the mvp. i knew u were being sarcastic but that's stir worthy. i wasn't saying u were callin me out or anything about anything.

the mvp is lebron's to lose imo and he's not going to lose it unless he suffers an injury, which never happens either

Pingbling
http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html
They all look retired to me..so like i said kobe and lebron arent on this list yet..arent they superstars?

And being picked to play on the usa team is a pretty big deal..wether or not they play could be for other reason injuries etc thats why we see un-superstar like players on the team taking their spot every so often.
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 04:56 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Pingbling
http://www.nba.com/history/50greatest.html
They all look retired to me..so like i said kobe and lebron arent on this list yet..arent they superstars?

And being picked to play on the usa team is a pretty big deal..wether or not they play could be for other reason injuries etc thats why we see un-superstar like players on the team taking their spot every so often.
I beg to differ about the USA thing. Most times, superstars don't want to play on the USA team in fear of getting injured and losing a nice paycheck. Also, not everyone that plays on the USA team is a superstar. I say that because superstar status should be (in my honest and humble opinion) reserved for players who play the game in such a way that they draw a major fan base and help their team win. Taking this back to the Deron Williams discussion, there's no doubt that he majorly helps his team win. But he really doesn't have that much of a fan base. Definitely not one comparable to LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Rose, etc. A SUPERstar is something that should be rare and uncommon. Now, I do consider Chris Paul a superstar. You might say, "How could that be when he scores less than Deron and barely averages more APG and is on a better team?" But this goes to the fan base. Chris Pauls fan base compared to Deron's is much larger. And more times than now (no real way to show this stat) you'll see a mediocre play from Chris Paul (involving Griffin or not) on Sportscenter before you'll see a great play from Deron Williams. I'll do another cross comparison. In the last few months I've been seeing people make music with this David Guetta person. From the music he's making and his followers and such, some would say he's a superstar. Same thing goes for Adele. I'm not really into her music that much, but she has an enormous fan base and sells records.

Long story short, not everyone on the USA team is a superstar, being selected is a great honor but doesn't put anyone in superstar status, and while Deron is very skilled, I don't consider him superstar status. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion..im not basing superstar status on fan base, but purely on skill and what they provide..once again anyone who gets ELECTED to be on the usa team is a superstar in my eyes..plain and simple..the ones who get elected are the best in the nba, im not speaking on players that get a spot because someone turns down the offer etc...everyone will feel diff when determining whos a superstar..all of ny feels lin is a superstar, orlando thinks dwight, nj deron, chicago rose, minnesota love etc etc the list goes on..these guys are superstars..the best in the WORLD..
TRADE BUCKET

(03-12-2012, 10:06 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion..im not basing superstar status on fan base, but purely on skill and what they provide..once again anyone who gets ELECTED to be on the usa team is a superstar in my eyes..plain and simple..the ones who get elected are the best in the nba, im not speaking on players that get a spot because someone turns down the offer etc...everyone will feel diff when determining whos a superstar..all of ny feels lin is a superstar, orlando thinks dwight, nj deron, chicago rose, minnesota love etc etc the list goes on..these guys are superstars..the best in the WORLD..
As a Detroit fan, I don't see any Superstars in Detroit. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Another thing is you said lebron is a superstar right which he is but at the same hes one of the most hated players..how does that work?? So i dont really get where your going with your perception of a superstar
TRADE BUCKET

(03-12-2012, 10:06 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion..im not basing superstar status on fan base, but purely on skill and what they provide..once again anyone who gets ELECTED to be on the usa team is a superstar in my eyes..plain and simple..the ones who get elected are the best in the nba, im not speaking on players that get a spot because someone turns down the offer etc...everyone will feel diff when determining whos a superstar..all of ny feels lin is a superstar, orlando thinks dwight, nj deron, chicago rose, minnesota love etc etc the list goes on..these guys are superstars..the best in the WORLD..
is this to say that christian laettner is a superstar? carlos boozer? michael redd? tayshaun prince? richard jefferson? emeka okafor? the list goes on and on. just because you're chosen for the olympics it doesn't mean you're a superstar. they invited luke freakin ridnour to camp in the past for goodness sakes. he obviously didn't make it but u see my point. they don't just invite superstars to try to make the team.

(03-12-2012, 10:16 AM)tupark82 Wrote: is this to say that christian laettner is a superstar? carlos boozer? michael redd? tayshaun prince? richard jefferson? emeka okafor? the list goes on and on. just because you're chosen for the olympics it doesn't mean you're a superstar. they invited luke freakin ridnour to camp in the past for goodness sakes. he obviously didn't make it but u see my point. they don't just invite superstars to try to make the team.
Like i said before alot of the guys who played on the team werent the first chosen..these guys had to fill spots for the players who were chosen that couldnt play or chose not to play..thanks for reading lol
TRADE BUCKET