`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heat finally perform in the clutch

RE: The Heat finally perform in the clutch
First off. Deron Williams is not a superstar. If he was there would be Deron Williams threads on here more often. Think about it. Lin is being bashed for being liked by fans for a couple weeks? Really haters? Im sorry you didnt see it coming so you could get all his cards to take advantage of others, but he's not as bad as you all are making it. Yes, the hype was bigger than the talent, but anything like that, that can make the NBA more talked about, is only good for all of us. Why hate him so much? He cant win all the games. Just look at Lebron. The comments I have read about Lin on this thread and others are completely filled with hate and jealousy. Take any NBA player and you will find some part of their game that will have less than desirable stats. And seriously, the guy has barely played EVER! Give him a chance before you kick him.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-11-2012, 03:26 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Your speaking on the game played the other day..they just played the sixers today and lin showed a poor performance once again..you really didnt answer how melo doesnt mesh with lin besides him wanting the ball alot, melo is a shooter hes suppose to..if kobe were to go to another team everyone needs to play around him, hes the one producing so he needs the ball..ive said it before and will say it again lin should be coming off the bench he will never be a top pg.
And I guess that's where we differ in opinion. I think you have to find the combination that works best for the team. If that means the highest scorer (if he were on any other team) needs to adapt to the system because they win more that way, then that's what should be done. If that person trying to adapt to the system makes them lose more than if they were the aggressor, then they should be the aggressor. It depends on what gets wins. If Carmelo being the dominant one doesn't translate to wins but running D'Antoni's system, with Lin as the PG, does, then Carmelo needs to adapt. I would say the same if it was Kobe. If the Lakers were losing because Kobe was the aggressor, but without Kobe the team was winning running Brown's system (if they had one) then I would say Kobe needs to adapt. It's all about what makes the team win.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(03-11-2012, 03:32 PM)quavis Wrote: First off. Deron Williams is not a superstar. If he was there would be Deron Williams threads on here more often. Think about it. Lin is being bashed for being liked by fans for a couple weeks? Really haters? Im sorry you didnt see it coming so you could get all his cards to take advantage of others, but he's not as bad as you all are making it. Yes, the hype was bigger than the talent, but anything like that, that can make the NBA more talked about, is only good for all of us. Why hate him so much? He cant win all the games. Just look at Lebron. The comments I have read about Lin on this thread and others are completely filled with hate and jealousy. Take any NBA player and you will find some part of their game that will have less than desirable stats. And seriously, the guy has barely played EVER! Give him a chance before you kick him.
Lol..dont get mad quavis...deron is not a superstar? That guy is so underrated its not even funny, tryna hold up a team full of scrubs..u know what your right he isnt a superstar he just made the olympic team for no reason..top 10 in points and assists..i guess its easy to average almost 9 assists playing with a bunch of bums...highest points in a game in the league this season..hes just average i guess
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

I think Melo doesn't fit into the D'Antoni system, not because he shoots a lot, but because he's a ball stopper; he belongs in a team that runs slow-paced half-court sets. The Knicks were more efficient when Melo was injured because they moved the ball constantly, always finding the open shooter. Melo likes to post up, get the entry pass, dribble the clock down to 3 or 4 seconds, and then shoot a turn around fade away jumper.

(03-11-2012, 03:35 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: And I guess that's where we differ in opinion. I think you have to find the combination that works best for the team. If that means the highest scorer (if he were on any other team) needs to adapt to the system because they win more that way, then that's what should be done. If that person trying to adapt to the system makes them lose more than if they were the aggressor, then they should be the aggressor. It depends on what gets wins. If Carmelo being the dominant one doesn't translate to wins but running D'Antoni's system, with Lin as the PG, does, then Carmelo needs to adapt. I would say the same if it was Kobe. If the Lakers were losing because Kobe was the aggressor, but without Kobe the team was winning running Brown's system (if they had one) then I would say Kobe needs to adapt. It's all about what makes the team win.
Your right..we'll see how the rest of the season pans out..good discussion

(03-11-2012, 03:41 PM)jsmouser Wrote: I think Melo doesn't fit into the D'Antoni system, not because he shoots a lot, but because he's a ball stopper; he belongs in a team that runs slow-paced half-court sets. The Knicks were more efficient when Melo was injured because they moved the ball constantly, always finding the open shooter. Melo likes to post up, get the entry pass, dribble the clock down to 3 or 4 seconds, and then shoot a turn around fade away jumper.
True! But amare isnt exactly a fast pace player either..should they get rid of him too?
TRADE BUCKET

No, but I think Amare fits the system better than Melo. He flourished in the system in Phoenix, the original Lob City with Nash and Marion.

lol how did this become a knicks thing? i didn't even mention them... i've already ranted about that situation enough honestly
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

Im not mad. Why do people think having opinions means you're mad. SMH. Deron is not a superstar. Maybe in terms of point guards, yes, he is a super point guard. How many point guards compared to other positions are superstars in basketball history? Not a lot because its hard for a point guard to be strong in all or most spots or sitiations. IMO, yes that means In My Opinion, Deron is overrated. Yup. If you are a strong point guard, which he is definately good, you should be able to stand out and produce at this level on a mediocre team. You have to if you like your job or dont like sitting the bench. But a superstar would make his team better and not have to be the crutch. Sometimes we give a little too much credit to people who are supposed to be the best in the world from the get go. The NBA isn't college. Superstar is a title only few should be considered if you ask me. Make the 50 greatest list and we'll talk.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-11-2012, 07:31 PM)quavis Wrote: Im not mad. Why do people think having opinions means you're mad. SMH. Deron is not a superstar. Maybe in terms of point guards, yes, he is a super point guard. How many point guards compared to other positions are superstars in basketball history? Not a lot because its hard for a point guard to be strong in all or most spots or sitiations. IMO, yes that means In My Opinion, Deron is overrated. Yup. If you are a strong point guard, which he is definately good, you should be able to stand out and produce at this level on a mediocre team. You have to if you like your job or dont like sitting the bench. But a superstar would make his team better and not have to be the crutch. Sometimes we give a little too much credit to people who are supposed to be the best in the world from the get go. The NBA isn't college. Superstar is a title only few should be considered if you ask me. Make the 50 greatest list and we'll talk.
I guess your view on a superstar is different from mine..i know people consider lebron a superstar even though he has zero rings with 2 all stars on his team..im just saying if your considered one of the best pgs in the world your a superstar in my eyes..and dont you have to retire first before you make that list..so i guess kobe aint a superstar lol..ahh man

(03-11-2012, 07:20 PM)tupark82 Wrote: lol how did this become a knicks thing? i didn't even mention them... i've already ranted about that situation enough honestly
Im sorry bud..its your banner
TRADE BUCKET

just a couple of things, look at the past usa team rosters, you dont have to be a superstar (my reasonable opinion of a superstar) to be on the team, and not all people on the 50 greatest list was retired. and on lebron, he is absolutely balling this year, if miami finishes in the top 3 before the playoffs, i think lebron is a lock, well maybe lin might get it........ lol
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]