`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jdetter pointed this out to me. What do I do?

RE: jdetter pointed this out to me. What do I do?
Your work isn't copyright, you have nothing sorry. But cool designs deserve a thumbs up

Dude, you did such a nice job I don't know weather to feel bad for you, or laugh at this sellers opportunistic vision and the amount of money they're selling for. All in all I'm just shaking my head. Smile

I think your best route might be to contact the NFL licensing dept. for starters. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a hotline...

As for intellectual property, I'm sorry to say you're probably out of luck. Unless Photobucket changed their TOS, once something is posted there, they own it. Just like how Beckett now owns this blabbering of mine. Smile

Or maybe he will just respect your wish not to resell it. You never know... Good Luck.
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

He admitted to making cards in this thread of Sensei...

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1454560.html

I personally, based on principle, would ask him for all the money from the auctions finished thus far...They shouldnt have been sold regardless due to the copyright issues with Panini, however since they were, you should get what was made...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(03-11-2012, 03:53 PM)jessemerson Wrote: As for intellectual property, I'm sorry to say you're probably out of luck. Unless Photobucket changed their TOS, once something is posted there, they own it. Just like how Beckett now owns this blabbering of mine. Smile
Sorry, but no one can own your intellectual property unless you give them permission. Posting your cards on photobucket doesn't make it permissible for you to post them as your own and profit off of them.

Rogue came up with these designs, it's HIS intellectual property. Period.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(03-10-2012, 11:51 PM)rogue655 Wrote: i've never seen anyone get trouble for making mocks. upper deck has even tweeted one of my card mocks in which i used their logos on in the past. i'm not claiming to be in any way affiliated with panini or any other companies when I design a card, they are for personal use and for fun. Also not made not for distribution so i dont see a way in which i could be in trouble for it. but i do understand what youre saying
You wouldn't get in trouble for this IMO. You designed the card for personal use and never intended on it being sold. Keep us updated as to what happens. Oh and apply for a job at Panini! Your designs are sick! Better than theirs I think Smile
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

You do realize that this guy can and will be in HUGE trouble. He is selling an unlicensed product using official NFL logos, which is copyright infringement.

"We (or our affiliates) and our member professional football clubs own all rights in the product names, company names, trade names, logos, product packaging and designs ("Trademarks") of the National Football League and such member clubs, and third parties own all Trademarks in their respective products or services, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol. Unauthorized use of any such Trademarks, including reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses, is prohibited under the trademark laws of the United States and other countries. You are expressly prohibited from using or misusing any Trademarks, except as expressly provided in this Agreement, and nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Services confers on you any license or right to do so."

I would report him to ebay, the NFL and anyone within the sound of your voice

If anything, you will need to protect yourself. If the NFL does go after this guy, what's to say he wouldn't claim that you made that just for him? Of course, if that be the case, you have at least a hundred character witnesses on here to the contrary, including me.

Simply put, he is a female hygenic product
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(03-11-2012, 04:53 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Sorry, but no one can own your intellectual property unless you give them permission.
That was my point. He gave permission when he signed up at Photobucket. His designs, yes. But he no longer owns them. Sorry bud.

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

(03-11-2012, 06:26 PM)jessemerson Wrote: That was my point. He gave permission when he signed up at Photobucket. His designs, yes. But he no longer owns them. Sorry bud.
Actually, you're incorrect...but I'm tired of arguing about it with people who don't understand.

It's crap like this that makes me want to leave this site... when the lawyer in this thread says it's a violation, guess what it is???? A f'ing VIOLATION! I'm always going to listen to him rather than some asshat off the street.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(03-11-2012, 06:37 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Actually, you're incorrect...but I'm tired of arguing about it with people who don't understand.
Ouch. I guess I'm late to the party. I didn't realize I missed an argument. I guess I should read the whole thread before I post...

That is just messed up. Sorry to hear Rogue, you are very talented and i enjoy seeing your artwork. I pray the best for you.

P.S. I also hope you get that scumbag!!!.
HE> I