Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to buy or not to buy these boxes

to buy or not to buy these boxes
Hi all, I can get my hands on these two boxes

2009 Prestige - 8 packs with 5 cards each. US$25 delivered
2000-01 Victory 'Booster Box' - 36 packs with 12 cards each. US$55 delivered

Problem is that I'm not sure whether they'll be worth it (retail?). The number of packs and cards per pack don't appear to coincide with regular boxes.

I really would like to know whether I'll have any chance of pulling S#s RCs, GUs and Aus from this or just a big stack of base cards..

Help?

RE: to buy or not to buy these boxes
The prestige is a blaster box, definitely not worth the $25. I've picked a couple of those up for $12 at Wal-Mart and still not gotten my money's worth.

Not sure about the 00-01 though. But I will say I was never a big fan of that design anyways.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Id probably pass if it was me. Ive opened some of the 5 card per pack prestige and I think you get a rc a pack but thats about it. The victory seems overpriced.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

That prestige is a blaster, I say leave it alone. The Victory, eh, why not.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I'd say don't buy them (both of them/all of them).
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

No, Neither, Not, No way.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(03-09-2012, 12:06 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: No, Neither, Not, No way.
+1 Don't buy

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

Retail basketball wax sucks period! There is rarely anything worthwhile coming out of retail. im sure dacardworld has those alot cheaper if u really want em.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

My heart says YES, my conscience says NOOOOO. And I hate all you guys for going for the sensible option. Ohh well, I suppose you're all right.. I'm just in desperate need of busting some wax Sad

(03-09-2012, 03:08 PM)folkertino Wrote: My heart says YES, my conscience says NOOOOO. And I hate all you guys for going for the sensible option. Ohh well, I suppose you're all right.. I'm just in desperate need of busting some wax Sad
For almost the same price combined, you could get a box of hoops. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards