`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugghhh! How many of you can feel my pain?

RE: Ugghhh! How many of you can feel my pain?
(03-09-2012, 09:36 AM)Krangry Wrote: Personally ive always loved berkman, even when he was in that ugly astros uniform. Just an easy guy to like / root for. I took so much crap when i was pumped that we signed him last year, if only i got a dollar for everytime someone i knew called im over the hill, and worthless before the season.

I had looked at the Black auto i assume your talking about, but decided to not bid on it, lol. Having to cut down on the spending Tongue
Being from Houston, I will always like Berkman also. He really is an extremely easy guy to like and root for. He always does things the right way.

On the other hand, every time I see him in a Cardinals uniform, I throw up a little bit.

(03-09-2012, 09:50 AM)wflet Wrote: Yep, that was the one. Unbelievable how one little World Series ring brings out all of the "fans" of a particular player. I mean what am I suppossed to do now, hope he tanks this year? I liked it so much better when he was somewhat meddling in mild obscurity in Houston (while still putting up Hall of Fame-like numbers).
I hear ya...the guy has been up there with Chipper as one of the best switch-hitters in the game for how long? Just because he was in Houston nobody cared?
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(03-09-2012, 10:05 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: On the other hand, every time I see him in a Cardinals uniform, I throw up a little bit.
I was OK with the Cards, now if it was the Cubs....That may have been a different story.

(03-09-2012, 10:27 AM)wflet Wrote: I was OK with the Cards, now if it was the Cubs....That may have been a different story.
lol.

Cant wait to watch him do more damage this year! Also looking forward to picking up some more cards of him in a Cardinals Uni.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

well.....at least he got his ring before its time to hang it up
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Same with Linsanity. Before his stuff was dirt cheap. Next Thing you know one of his rookie auto numbered out of 25 sold for 21,580!!!! The seller originally bought it for 1000. Talk about about a lopsided profit...lol

I can relate. I pulled a Michael Pineda Topps Chrome Sepia Auto and it had a nice BV, but once he was a Yankee it nearly doubled in value.
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

I feel your pain. I used to be able to pick Larkin 1/1's up for around $75 a piece. The last 2 I bought cost me over $500 together. It's getting to the point I just can't afford his 1/1 cards anymore. But I can't complain, I have over 200 different pack certified autos of his and the book vale nearly doubled on every one of them after he was elected to the hall. I never thought I would see that kind of increase in his card values. I wish I could still afford all of his low #'d cards though, so it is good and bad in a way - especially since I don't intend to sell ever.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

(03-09-2012, 10:47 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Same with Linsanity. Before his stuff was dirt cheap. Next Thing you know one of his rookie auto numbered out of 25 sold for 21,580!!!! The seller originally bought it for 1000. Talk about about a lopsided profit...lol
Man, now that is truly an extreme example, although I suspect those cards should come back down from the stratosphere sooner than later. At least he is a good story though.
(03-09-2012, 11:30 AM)katieneack Wrote: I feel your pain. I used to be able to pick Larkin 1/1's up for around $75 a piece. The last 2 I bought cost me over $500 together. It's getting to the point I just can't afford his 1/1 cards anymore. But I can't complain, I have over 200 different pack certified autos of his and the book vale nearly doubled on every one of them after he was elected to the hall. I never thought I would see that kind of increase in his card values. I wish I could still afford all of his low #'d cards though, so it is good and bad in a way - especially since I don't intend to sell ever.
Yeah, we are probably in a similar boat. I had a couple years to grab alot of his stuff at reasonable prices. I don't really plan on selling my collection either. Too bad the old school collector mentality has been giving way to the day trader mentality for such a long time in the industry. This is no longer a kid's game.

(03-09-2012, 11:30 AM)katieneack Wrote: I feel your pain. I used to be able to pick Larkin 1/1's up for around $75 a piece. The last 2 I bought cost me over $500 together. It's getting to the point I just can't afford his 1/1 cards anymore. But I can't complain, I have over 200 different pack certified autos of his and the book vale nearly doubled on every one of them after he was elected to the hall. I never thought I would see that kind of increase in his card values. I wish I could still afford all of his low #'d cards though, so it is good and bad in a way - especially since I don't intend to sell ever.
Do you think the values will come back down to where they were in a year or two? Usually a player's cards spike when he goes in the Hall due to the immediate mega-interest but then come back down afterwards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html