`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gulledge exit can only help Beckett & the registry

Gulledge exit can only help Beckett & the registry
I'm certainly not a Beckett insider, but I think many of Beckett's problems can be linked to Brian Gulledge's incompetence. When I was at the height of my frustration over the registry last year, I noticed in LinkedIn that he was both the President of Beckett Media and of Nationwide Recovery Systems, simultaneously. That was a huge clue that no focused leadership existed at the very top of Beckett. I then discovered Gulledge's personal website, which I can sum up as tacky, sprinkled with narcissism. Clearly lacking on his site . . . any mention, much less passion for the hobby.

Today, I just noticed that he is no longer president at Beckett or of the debt collection company, leaving both in January of this year, according to LinkedIn. My search for any info on who may have replaced him came up empty but I'm glad to see him gone. Hopefully the ownership of Apprise Media, which I believe still owns Beckett, will not make another mistake because Gulledge was a very costly one.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Gulledge exit can only help Beckett & the registry
(04-28-2012, 10:32 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: I'm certainly not a Beckett insider, but I think many of Beckett's problems can be linked to Brian Gulledge's incompetence. When I was at the height of my frustration over the registry last year, I noticed in LinkedIn that he was both the President of Beckett Media and of Nationwide Recovery Systems, simultaneously. That was a huge clue that no focused leadership existed at the very top of Beckett. I then discovered Gulledge's personal website, which I can sum up as tacky, sprinkled with narcissism. Clearly lacking on his site . . . any mention, much less passion for the hobby.

Today, I just noticed that he is no longer president at Beckett or of the debt collection company, leaving both in January of this year, according to LinkedIn. My search for any info on who may have replaced him came up empty but I'm glad to see him gone. Hopefully the ownership of Apprise Media, which I believe still owns Beckett, will not make another mistake because Gulledge was a very costly one.
Thanks for posting.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Beckett is now owned by Eli Research with the CEO being Greg Lindberg.
http://investing.businessweek.com/resear...Id=8898798

Somewhat humorous, when I did a search for the company in Google, one of the things listed shows as "Eli Research India Jobs". That link leads to this which also highlights Beckett Media.
http://bpo.timesjobs.com/dialbpo_microsi...vices.html

(04-29-2012, 09:49 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Beckett is now owned by Eli Research with the CEO being Greg Lindberg.
http://investing.businessweek.com/resear...Id=8898798

Somewhat humorous, when I did a search for the company in Google, one of the things listed shows as "Eli Research India Jobs". That link leads to this which also highlights Beckett Media.
http://bpo.timesjobs.com/dialbpo_microsi...vices.html
Apparently it was a quiet transaction, I sure hope there will be hobbyists with business skills overseeing Beckett. Btw, what happened to your avatar and signature? The gecko does look happy with his cup of joe though.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(04-30-2012, 06:51 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Apparently it was a quiet transaction, I sure hope there will be hobbyists with business skills overseeing Beckett. Btw, what happened to your avatar and signature? The gecko does look happy with his cup of joe though.
I liked to switch up the avatar once in awhile just for something different.

As for the signature, I just got rid of it. I'm cleaning house and getting rid of everything in my collection, minus 1-5 cards with sentimental value. I look at the cards and just don't care about them anymore. I'm liking the idea of more than likely coming back and starting fresh all over again with nothing cluttering up my space. When I do come back, I think I'm just going to collect T206 portraits, '34 Goudey set, and '52 Topps set with random small HOFer projects thrown in for good measure once in awhile.

Thanks for posting this, I always wondered about some of the inner-workings, or lack there-of Beckett Media.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector