`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hate new ebayers

RE: I hate new ebayers
(03-06-2012, 12:19 AM)djohn Wrote: Aside from the bad buyer, I have a question regarding your auction listing. Your title says "ERROR UCK FACE RC ROOKIE", and your description says "UP FOR SALE IS THE CARD IN THE TITLE". Then I look at the picture and I see the BLACK BOX variation (which is the common corrected version and not the ERROR). Aside from the potential obvious confusion from your listing saying it was the error version and the picture showing the corrected version, I am curious as to why you say that the card is a RC ROOKIE. Billy Ripken had rookie cards in 1988 and even has XRCs in 1987.
The error is worth 6 times as much as the corrected version, so were you hoping to fool someone or did you honestly list a card without knowing what version you had, or did you use a stock photo and just used the wrong image? Were you hoping to garner more page views and potentially more bids by saying the card was a rookie even though it isn't?
You seem to be a good contributor to the forums on Beckett, so I hate to call you out. However, auction listings like that really piss me off as they are misleading.
Now that you bring that to attention I just realized that...theres a kid who puts some stuff on for us and we have sold both versions on there in the past so he must have just put the wrong pic in. He is strictly a football guy so I dont blame him. Thanks for bringing that up for when I give him another to list!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

got to hate people like that on ebay

(03-06-2012, 12:27 AM)afff Wrote: got to hate people like that on ebay
The byer might now even be bad...most new users need to learn the practices that are common on the site

i was just saying

i agree but when i was starting out at buying a lot of sellers would not accept buyers that had less then a 10 star, so it took me along time to get people to trust me now i don't have that problem.

(03-05-2012, 11:27 PM)all day baby Wrote: Honestly, I would contact the seller and asked exactly HOW he paid. If it wasn't via PayPal, I would cancel the transaction and contact eBay.
Agreed.

(03-06-2012, 12:36 AM)afff Wrote: i was just saying

i agree but when i was starting out at buying a lot of sellers would not accept buyers that had less then a 10 star, so it took me along time to get people to trust me now i don't have that problem.
we usually dont accept offers of anyone with low feedback before talking to them...this guy just hit the BIN so I couldnt help it from happening.
(03-06-2012, 12:38 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Agreed.
I sent him a message asking how he did and explained I only do paypal...and I can cancel it and just say im out of stock but isnt he able to just leave a blatant negative feedback?

(03-05-2012, 11:25 PM)rgf17 Wrote: i just had a buyer buy a card off me a month or so ago. never paid. filed nonpaying bidder and left neg feedback.

fast forward two weeks later, same guy wins auction for same card (relisted it) under new name. figured it out and confronted him. he asked if he could send a money order. still nothing.

kinda glad you posted this thread. reminded me i need to go file nonpayer again and leave neg feedback on his new account.

errrrr.........
I had a buyer win an auction. Not pay ( Claiming he couldn"t figure out how to. So I responded with ways of how to pay) Still never paid. Filed NPB. Left me a neg. calling me "not reasonable".......
(03-06-2012, 12:38 AM)chads-cards Wrote: we usually dont accept offers of anyone with low feedback before talking to them...this guy just hit the BIN so I couldnt help it from happening.

I sent him a message asking how he did and explained I only do paypal...and I can cancel it and just say im out of stock but isnt he able to just leave a blatant negative feedback?
Yes. BUT if you contact ebay. And if you filed a NPB. They will take if off.

sorry to hear that hope it turns out in your favor
will have to check out and see what you have for sell

(03-06-2012, 12:40 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I had a buyer win an auction. Not pay ( Claiming he couldn"t figure out how to. So I responded with ways of how to pay) Still never paid. Filed NPB. Left me a neg. calling me "not reasonable".......

Yes. BUT if you contact ebay. And if you filed a NPB. They will take if off.
so what do I do about the part with him "sending payment".

(03-06-2012, 12:45 AM)chads-cards Wrote: so what do I do about the part with him "sending payment".
Didn't ebay change the policy anyways about MO and checks.
I have it set up for only PP buyers can bid/win my auctions.

IF he mailed you a MO/Check wait a few days, If it doesn't come in file the NPB asap either way. They did not follow your ONLY PP anyways.