`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*HELP* - normal or tampered?

RE: *HELP* - normal or tampered?
(03-07-2012, 08:24 PM)tonysalas Wrote: yea i have 4 card the exact same way they giggle when you move the case around
That's a laugh Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

lol should have spell checked meany jiggle when you move the case around

(03-05-2012, 10:35 PM)coureymarshall Wrote: lol, very good point.

I just wanted to validate that all wear seemed "reasonable" in regards to the BGS autograph grade plate. I am not too familiar with BGS autograph grading plates, but I have never noticed a "plate" that had wear and was 'loose.'

Also, the penmanship in his signature with the 'stray' marks above the "y" probably gave me concern in regards to the autograph plate.
By looking at the auto itself, it doesn't look like it should have received a grade of 10. At the highest it should have received a 9 & maybe even an 8.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-22-2012, 07:55 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: By looking at the auto itself, it doesn't look like it should have received a grade of 10. At the highest it should have received a 9 & maybe even an 8.
Can you specify what you have seen?
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-05-2012, 10:16 PM)coureymarshall Wrote: [Image: BGS95_10_Bowman_RookieAutographsGOLD.jpg]
If you notice in the scan, the auto is not bold and crisp that is indicative of a 10.

(03-22-2012, 08:29 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: If you notice in the scan, the auto is not bold and crisp that is indicative of a 10.
Oh I get it now. Smile

(03-22-2012, 08:31 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Oh I get it now. Smile
Yeah, it looks streaky. Whenever you can see white on an auto, it won't (shouldn't in this case) receive a 10.

(03-22-2012, 08:36 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, it looks streaky. Whenever you can see white on an auto, it won't (shouldn't in this case) receive a 10.
Is it possible that the auto was bold, crisp and not streaky before? I mean, when it was being graded.

What is the opinion on the "stray" marks about the "Y" in "peyton." Thanks!

I agree that the auto, while nice, is no 10. However, it would be WAAAY hard swapping the auto grade without the case showing signs of tampering. Once the glue is 'cracked' the edges where the seal would be will look extremely chalkey or cloudy. Just compare seal to other bgs cases you know are legit. I've been duped on eBay and knew the cards were swapped the second I pulled it out of envelope.