`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here

RE: Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here
Here's a couple of Yaz cards I've been unsuccessful in finding the card or set listing. With no visible copyright date or manufacturer, the only thing I know for sure is they were made after his retirement. My thoughts are 1984 or 1989. There are three cards, that I know of Y, A, & Z. Any info on these is appreciated, of course, I'd like to pick the A card as well!

card Y front
[Image: unknown_yaz_y_zpsd50f6f47.jpg]

card Y back
[Image: unknown_yaz_y_back_zps3b13df8d.jpg]

card Z front
[Image: unknown_yaz_z_zpseb626641.jpg]

card Z back
[Image: unknown_yaz_z_back_zps0c2a9599.jpg]
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Interesting, the Y card looks like a plagiarized Yaz 1980 Topps Super.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(01-30-2014, 05:43 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Interesting, the Y card looks like a plagiarized Yaz 1980 Topps Super.
Without a doubt. Same piece of fabric or bandage poking out from the v-neck area.These are standard size cards, but definitely the same photo was used.

**EDIT** After looking at these again this weekend they are not standard sized, they are Topps 52-56 size.

My newest Yaz pickup, a full sheet of 1971 Topps Tattoos. This sheet has both his portrait and the facsimile signature tattoo on it.

[Image: 1971_topps_tattoos_sheet_2_yastrzemski_zpsd7843a64.jpg]

Very nice pickup. I've been holding out to find a fully intact sheet like yours and in the same shape.

On another note, although not news to some, I discovered that there are actually FOUR Yaz variations of the 1968 Topps Checklist #192. Beckett only lists two, but here are the four I verified:

Back states "Special Baseball Playing Card"
1. All of "B" on Yaz's hat showing
2. Part of "B" on Yaz's hat is cut off

Back states "Special Baseball Playing Card Game"
3. All of "B" on Yaz's hat showing
4. Part of "B" on Yaz's hat is cut off
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(02-03-2014, 10:47 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Very nice pickup. I've been holding out to find a fully intact sheet like yours and in the same shape.

On another note, although not news to some, I discovered that there are actually FOUR Yaz variations of the 1968 Topps Checklist #192. Beckett only lists two, but here are the four I verified:

Back states "Special Baseball Playing Card"
1. All of "B" on Yaz's hat showing
2. Part of "B" on Yaz's hat is cut off

Back states "Special Baseball Playing Card Game"
3. All of "B" on Yaz's hat showing
4. Part of "B" on Yaz's hat is cut off
News to me...I took a quick look and can spot the difference. In the instance where the B is cut off you can see the bat over his shoulder on the border. I'll have to check and see which variations I have. Thanks for the tip.

Here's a new/old one. I had recently picked up a lot of 66 HOF'es and went to compare my PC Yaz with the one in the lot to keep the better of the two. Turns out I did not have a 66 Topps after all in my set. I've had a 66 OPC sitting there for years without realizing it!

1966 O-Pee-Chee 70 Carl Yastrzemski

[Image: 1966_opc_70_yastrzemski_zps270ea1d9.jpg]

[Image: 1966_opc_70_yastrzemski_back_zps93f5c6a0.jpg]

Nice! I love those kind of discoveries. The '66 OPC set is under-appreciated, under-valued in my opinion.

Just in from Venezuela yesterday. Also posted in Topps Venezuelan thread . . .

[Image: scan0007_zpsc334f385.jpg]

[Image: scan0008_zps500f8106.jpg]

Also took a low cost chance on this one from ebay. Hoping anyone or more likely ScottZoe can tell me what it is.

[Image: scan0009_zpsce17ebdd.jpg]

Love the 64 Venezuelan! I'm afraid I'm not much help with the postcard however. It looks to me, to be early to mid 70's (1971 perhaps?)- definitely pre 1974 when they the Sox started wearing the red and blue hats before moving to the all red hats in 75. It Doesn't really look like the team issued postcards from that time. I believe there were bot a color and black and white set, but both had full photos, not the cropped heads.
I don't think I've seen another like it, is the back blank?

Scott