`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here

Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here
I don't know if I technically qualify as a supercollector with over 240 different Yaz cards plus various other types of memorabilia, including a 200 page scrapbook I began at age 8 in 1972 (eventually signed by Yaz) but I've been a fan to the core.

I'm interested in knowing what you collect, what you're finding elusive or about your favorite Yaz story.

Here is the Holy Grail of Yaz cards, the 1967 Topps Stand-Ups:
http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=701&lotNo=19620
If you don't have a Heritage account and can't view the pricing, it sold for $5,975.00 in 2004.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Yastrzemski Fans/Collectors - Post Here
Nice collection! My 1970's Red Sox scrapbook is long gone, but the cards and other memorabilia are still around. My current Yaz card total is at 471 different, which is only around 12% of all his cards. I'm sure there are many larger collections out there. One of my favorite Yaz cards is this one....

[Image: 1960_topps_yaz_beat_front.jpg]

[Image: 1960_topps_yaz_beat_back.jpg]

Obviously it was someones favorite card back in the day, I have a nice condition one too, but this one has more character!

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Wow! That's an awesome card right there.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I've got a Yaz story. He was my favorite growing up in Maine during the late 60's and through the 70's. I would imitate his stance and hold my bat high during our neighborhood games. In the late 80s I worked (and still do) at the local NBC affiliate in Bangor, Maine and Yaz came up to do some tv commercials for the local Chrysler dealership. Our tv station handled the production and I got to work on the ads and in fact even did the voice on one of them. Technically I was in the same ad as Carl Yastrzemski although it was just my voice at the end. I met him and he signed some of my old cards for me. I should've had him sign some of my less valuable cards but didn't realize at the time that I was de-valuing them.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-04-2012, 09:11 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Nice collection! My 1970's Red Sox scrapbook is long gone, but the cards and other memorabilia are still around. My current Yaz card total is at 471 different, which is only around 12% of all his cards. I'm sure there are many larger collections out there. One of my favorite Yaz cards is this one....

[Image: 1960_topps_yaz_beat_front.jpg]

Obviously it was someones favorite card back in the day, I have a nice condition one too, but this one has more character!

Scott
Nice Yaz! I'm like you, if cards like that fall into my hands, I keep them. I have a small collection of cards with players with penned beards and other markings. Hats off to you, you're about 150 Yaz cards ahead of me. Well done.
(03-08-2012, 02:28 PM)zeprock Wrote: I've got a Yaz story. He was my favorite growing up in Maine during the late 60's and through the 70's. I would imitate his stance and hold my bat high during our neighborhood games. In the late 80s I worked (and still do) at the local NBC affiliate in Bangor, Maine and Yaz came up to do some tv commercials for the local Chrysler dealership. Our tv station handled the production and I got to work on the ads and in fact even did the voice on one of them. Technically I was in the same ad as Carl Yastrzemski although it was just my voice at the end. I met him and he signed some of my old cards for me. I should've had him sign some of my less valuable cards but didn't realize at the time that I was de-valuing them.
Thanks for the story. To us Yaz fans, those signed cards have more meaning.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Great stuff guys - I'm from the Boston area and it sure brings back some memories.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

Very cool card. Baseball vintage cards are so cool.

(03-04-2012, 09:11 AM)scottzoe Wrote: [Image: 1960_topps_yaz_beat_front.jpg]

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

The Yaz Gods aligned today, on his birthday, in the mail I received #210 1964 Topps Venezuelan, which put me squarely at 300 Yaz cards in My Organize. There might be a better way to post, but here's the Picasa link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/11029667860...0831406738

The registration/focus is off but needless to say, this is a scarce one. Only 12 graded by PSA, highest grade is 6. Only two graded by BVG, highest also a 6.

greetings !!

just stopped by the site to sub some cards and decided to join. Long time CU board member and major Yaz collector. Running out to dinner but look forward to sharing some of my Yaz stuff and having some fun. I currently have the #2 Yaz Master Set on the CU Registry and a whole host of other stuff. See ya soon!

(08-27-2012, 05:08 PM)flatfoot816 Wrote: greetings !!

just stopped by the site to sub some cards and decided to join. Long time CU board member and major Yaz collector. Running out to dinner but look forward to sharing some of my Yaz stuff and having some fun. I currently have the #2 Yaz Master Set on the CU Registry and a whole host of other stuff. See ya soon!
Great, looking forward to hearing from you again. Very nice collection btw.