`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG3 or Luck??

RG3 or Luck??
So ryancholden had a good question in another thread so I thought it would be fun to post it and see what everyone else came up with. In ryancholden's quest to find a new team.....peytonvols18 Wrote: Although the Colts are starting over, we cant give Luck any credit yet..... How many first round picked QuarterBacks are there that turned out to be Garbage. Dont get me wrong I am a Colts fan but Im not giving anyone Credit until they Earn it. StandFord does not play that many difficult teams.........I would take RG3 over Luck and if I kept Manning I would trade that first rounder or Pick up Trent Richardson and have someone to run the ball with.
ryancholden wrote...
Interesting thoughts here. The question really is: Out of Luck and RG3, which is Ryan Leaf, and which is Peyton Manning.

Both are heisman winners...which one will develope a drug problem????

[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

RE: RG3 or Luck??
I ask the question like this...Do you want Peyton Manning or do you want Michael Vick?

People can argue all they want, but I think those are the current players that Luck and RGIII compare to. I also think with Luck, you will get a guy that can start right away and put up decent numbers. With RGIII, there is a HUGE upside but you may wait a couple of years before he reaches his potential. As a Browns fan, I'm hopeful they get RGIII, but if they could pick either, I'd rather have Luck.

Im collecting cards for these sets:
2011 Gypsy Queen
2011 Topps Baseball Series 1
2011 Topps Baseball Update
2012 Topps Baseball
2011 Topps Football
2011 Score Football
2011 Prestige Football
2011 Rising Rookies Football
2001 Upper Deck Vintage Football

RGIII = Newton
Rebuilding everywhere need a mobile qb just to escape the rush for up to 3 years. Luck is good but I was more impressed with RGIII all year. Just my 2 cents.
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

If I wasn't needing a quarterback on my team as bad as the Browns do, I'd say go with RGIII. I don't see him being a 12-16 year NFL QB though, like Luck should be.

If I was going to watch a NFL game where my favorite teams wasn't involved...just to go see a game, I'd rather see RGIII any day. He's flashy and more interesting to watch.

Im collecting cards for these sets:
2011 Gypsy Queen
2011 Topps Baseball Series 1
2011 Topps Baseball Update
2012 Topps Baseball
2011 Topps Football
2011 Score Football
2011 Prestige Football
2011 Rising Rookies Football
2001 Upper Deck Vintage Football

So what your saying is if Peyton Manning could run like Vick We would have like 12 superbowl rings at this point?
[Image: PeytonVolsBannerAbsoluteFinal.png]

http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o528...Garretson/
Peyton Manning, Zac Dysert, and UT Vols

Hmmmm... So Cam Newton was considered only a running quarterback out of college, and the fear was (one of them) that he can't throw from the pocket.... How's that working? Somebody from the Mothership (Cowherd maybe?) made the comparison of Cam to Big Ben. The more I thought about it, the more I watched the highlights, I think that is spot on. Both big, strong, tall, strong armed guys that are hard to bring down. Just because one is hard to bring down and can dazzle (gracefully like Newton or RG3, or not so gracefully like Ben) on their feet, doesn't mean they are Vick. Vick is barely 6', listed at 215lbs. RG3 is 2 inches taller and has 10 pounds on him out of college.

College stats:
Vick in his two years as a starter threw for 3,279 yards on 187 of 332 (56.3%) with 21 TD’s and12 INT’s.
Griffin threw for 5,592 yards on 464 of 721 (64.4%) with 37 TD’s and 11 INT’s.

Other than the fact they they are both fast, and have dark skin, I'm not sure they are comparible?

And by the way, Luck ran a 4.59... Not exactly Drew Bledsoe numbers there. He's a freakish athlete too.

I just get so frustrated with our awe of incrediblly gifted athletes, and quarterbacks in college. It clearly doesn't guarantee translation to the NFL. How was Tom Brady for a physical specimen? His picture at the combine with is shirt off makes him look like a 17 year old gamer. I think he's done OK.

I think Luck is overhyped and has too much pressure. How else can you explain the neck beard? I say he has a career comparible with fellow Stanford alumni John Elway...he's gifted, very very gifted, and will have an opportunity to be a WINNER and a COMPETITOR, and if the chips fall his way, he might win a Super Bowl or two.

I think RG3 has much more to prove. He is smart. He has swagger. He has speed. He has talent. Maybe his career will look like Randall Cunningham? Steve Young? It really just depends on what is put around him, and if he depends on that blazing speed, which just won't work.

Here's my answer: Whichever one of these young men have their mug on the Madden cover first will be the bust. :-)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40246...de-a-recap
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

(03-02-2012, 09:23 AM)rs20 Wrote: RGIII = Newton
Rebuilding everywhere need a mobile qb just to escape the rush for up to 3 years. Luck is good but I was more impressed with RGIII all year. Just my 2 cents.
No offense to you as this is the public's perception but it's completely wrong.

Luck = Newton. He's as big, as physical, as fast and also has a cannon for an arm. The only difference between Luck and Newton is that Luck has already had multiple years of experience running a pro style offense and can read defenses so he's not prone to Cam's mistakes.

The second Luck takes his first snap in the NFL he's already better than 2/3s of the starting QBs in the NFL.

That's not to take anything away from RG3. He's everything Luck is but faster, however, there are questions there for Griffon that there are not for Luck. Those being mainly the intangibles. Vick is the best comparison for RG3 but I do think Griffon will be better eventually.

RG3 will not be a bust in my opinion but its impossible for Luck to bust minus a career ending injury. He's already better than Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Philip Rivera.

(03-02-2012, 10:41 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: RG3 will not be a bust in my opinion but its impossible for Luck to bust minus a career ending injury.
same was said about leaf

I'm trying to think of recents busts...

Here are a few ROUGH groups:

Pennington, Carr- couldn't stay healthy

Leaf, Harrington, Vince Young, JaMarcus Russell- d-bagish attitudes and lack of work ethic. Shot themselves on the foot.

Ramsey, Leftwich, Boller, Grossman, Lossman, Alex Smith, Cambell, Leinart, Quinn, Bradford- Underpreformers...not the right systems? Overrated in their draft? Alex Smith is about to leave this group though....

Palmer (as a Bengal!), Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Cutler, Ryan, Flacco, Stafford- High value guys that have met expectations. Rivers, Cutler could be better in a different system. Flacco could be worse in a different system.

Sanchez, Freeman, Tebow- Too early to tell.

I don't think either Luck or RG3 will fall to lack of work ethic or character issues. An injury could get them, sure. I think the question remains what kind of system is arround them. Just too hard to tell. I think whoever the Colts draft, will probably do a pretty darn good job managing the team, even with all of the changes.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

From someone who went to WSU when Leaf was there, no one in Pullman thought Leaf was gonna make it in the NFL. His attitude was terrible in college. Heck, he was banned from about every bar in town and it's not a big town!

I've seen Griffin play on TV and have seen Luck play in person. Both have great personalities with no off-field problems. BOTH are gonna have great NFL careers.

The Colts will probably go with Luck because he resembles Manning the most, and they won't have to completely change their personnel.

Whoever gets the #2 pick is gonna be good for the next decade!