`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Problem with BGS submission

RE: Problem with BGS submission
Also, they look at everything under magnification. It only takes one bad corner to tank the overall corner subgrade. Conversely, it could be a couple bad corners. They do grade front and back of the corners.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

OK so I receive my submission and needless to say the McFadden was damaged while in their care, no other cards were damaged which is why I am pointing blame on them and not shipping. I am sooooo mad right now I cannot think clearly.

Pre Submission
[Image: DarrenMcFadden.jpg]

Post Submission
[Image: McFaddenDamage.jpg]
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

OH WOW!!!! Dude ID be PISSED!!!! How does something like that happen in the first place???

When I saw the scan on the first page I said there is no way the corners are 5.5 NOT A CHANCE!!!

Then I see the updated scan and feel even more pissed about it.

Any chance at all it got damaged on the way to them? Did you buy insurance when you sent the package to them? If not that really really really sucks my friend!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Well there is no way it would have been damaged in shipping and lets just say it was, wouldn't they have notified me of the damage? Even if it wasn't insured how can I prove to the insurance claim that it was damaged in the shipping process to them? They never marked it damaged and as well as I packed it there is no way only 1 card out of 20 received damage. I am currently talking to the BGS Operations Manager and they are clearly trying to blame someone else besides themselves. I am done sending cards into Beckett and I wonder if I can get this credit card transaction reversed.

Here is the latest email I received from this person:

We have damaged some very expensive cards and have never tried to hide that. Trust me, I am the one that has to call the customer and tell them about damage on our end. It is rare that this happens but it does happen and we will not try to cover something up. If we damage a card, there is nobody on our staff that would hide that. Each employee is encouraged to admit when they damage a card. This has always been our stance and always will.

The staff that handles your cards, prior to a grader, do not examine each card for damage. That is not their jobs and they do not have the knowledge to know what to look for or if you sent the card in with the damage. You would be stunned at the way cards are sent in and the condition they are sent. We can't call each customer and ask if they really meant to send the card in. I am sure you understand this.

Like I said, you can send the card back to us and see if I can find out anything but as of right now, I have no proof that we damaged your card. The only thing I know is the card was damaged prior to being graded, based on the corner grade. I have no idea if the card was damaged by our staff unknowingly, damaged by the shipper, or damaged by you after your scan was taken. I am willing to investigate but that is all I can promise at this time.
My Bucket

Wow! Yeah, that sucks. I don't know what to say.

Just call them back and say "I have scans to prove the card was in great condition prior to my shipment." They gave Lump some free submissions to make up for it. It's not an ideal situation, but it's better than nothing. Just don't let them off the hook.

And no, they didn't admit to the damage. It took a lot of calls from giantfan270 for them to admit it, so just keep on 'em.

Sorry. Sad
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I did in fact tell them that and show them my scans and they stated we dont know what happened after you scanned it!!! They are pointing fingers at everyone else but I am working with their Manager and I am sending this card back to have them investigate, YA I KNOW. Like I told him in an email it doesn't matter what I do its still somehow going to be my fault!
My Bucket

(03-06-2012, 04:07 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Well there is no way it would have been damaged in shipping and lets just say it was, wouldn't they have notified me of the damage? Even if it wasn't insured how can I prove to the insurance claim that it was damaged in the shipping process to them? They never marked it damaged and as well as I packed it there is no way only 1 card out of 20 received damage. I am currently talking to the BGS Operations Manager and they are clearly trying to blame someone else besides themselves. I am done sending cards into Beckett and I wonder if I can get this credit card transaction reversed.

Here is the latest email I received from this person:

We have damaged some very expensive cards and have never tried to hide that. Trust me, I am the one that has to call the customer and tell them about damage on our end. It is rare that this happens but it does happen and we will not try to cover something up. If we damage a card, there is nobody on our staff that would hide that. Each employee is encouraged to admit when they damage a card. This has always been our stance and always will.

The staff that handles your cards, prior to a grader, do not examine each card for damage. That is not their jobs and they do not have the knowledge to know what to look for or if you sent the card in with the damage. You would be stunned at the way cards are sent in and the condition they are sent. We can't call each customer and ask if they really meant to send the card in. I am sure you understand this.

Like I said, you can send the card back to us and see if I can find out anything but as of right now, I have no proof that we damaged your card. The only thing I know is the card was damaged prior to being graded, based on the corner grade. I have no idea if the card was damaged by our staff unknowingly, damaged by the shipper, or damaged by you after your scan was taken. I am willing to investigate but that is all I can promise at this time.
Is that from Mark Anderson? If you had it insured, I would file a claim.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(03-01-2012, 05:27 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: Corners are definitely better than a 5.5 though. File a chargeback with the CC company and get a refund
You can't actually do this. You paid for a service, which they provided. The bank won't provide a chargeback because you disagree with their assessment. (Or have damage that you can't prove was their fault.)

As far as the grades, the McFadden's bottom corners both look rounded. I don't think that one corner was the only thing holding it back...