`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Legends Of The Hall

RE: 2012 Legends Of The Hall
Meant no disrespect. They are all HOFers but what you really want is a Mantle, Ruth, etc. because that's what everyone wants, thus the reason those are more valuable.

(03-06-2012, 04:06 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I think you did really well, I bought a few last year, and loved them. I'm not even a big Baseball guy either..

BTW - did someone REALLY just say WARREN SPAHN WHO??? Sorry, maybe it's because he was born in my hometown, but I've always known about Spahn.

.I mean he's ONLY a 17 time All-Star selection....

yeah.. those low numbered perezs to /3 n /4 of good hof are nice also

anyone got any pics of these cards? id like to see one before i buy.
JD

Here ya go. Hopefully these come through. Put a quarter in there for size reference.

Matt

(03-07-2012, 04:29 PM)jdevolve Wrote: anyone got any pics of these cards? id like to see one before i buy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-07-2012, 04:29 PM)jdevolve Wrote: anyone got any pics of these cards? id like to see one before i buy.

They are not cards. They are the Yellow or B&W HOF postcards or the Perez Steele post cards that are signed. Legends just puts another frame around them and has them slabbed by psa/dna. Just look them up on the bay. You would be better of just buying the guys you want as most will be cheaper than the pack/box price of these. Unless you feel like gambling, then go for it.
The numbering dont mean a thing. These guys have signed THOUSANDS of the HOF & Perez postcards. Legends just bought a few on the open market and put a number on them. And it wouldnt surprise me to find out there is only 1 Ruth and 1 Mantle in the whole product line. I almost view these as a scam.
OMG! I just looked these up on blowout. $78 for 1 auto! Yea its all a gamble. To the OP, while Yaz is a nice auto to get. Id be bummed at $78. You can get TONS of other Yaz certified autos for half that price. I feel real bad for the guy who get Rollie Fingers. Rollie will sign anything you send him for $5, seriously!
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(03-06-2012, 04:06 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: I think you did really well, I bought a few last year, and loved them. I'm not even a big Baseball guy either..

BTW - did someone REALLY just say WARREN SPAHN WHO??? Sorry, maybe it's because he was born in my hometown, but I've always known about Spahn.

.I mean he's ONLY a 17 time All-Star selection....
+1...Spahn was one of the great left handed pitchers. As a Milwaukee native, my heart broke just a little bit.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

My eyes opened VERY wide when you said Warren Spahn (who?)

I'm not even a Braves fan and when I think of Hall of Fame pitchers he's one of the first I think of
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Wow dude. Send me your address so I can give you my cheerios to pee in. Wait, let me lay down so you can kick me. I think I got your point but just in case... Are you a fan of these? http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/dodgy.gif

(03-07-2012, 08:08 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: They are not cards. They are the Yellow or B&W HOF postcards or the Perez Steele post cards that are signed. Legends just puts another frame around them and has them slabbed by psa/dna. Just look them up on the bay. You would be better of just buying the guys you want as most will be cheaper than the pack/box price of these. Unless you feel like gambling, then go for it.
The numbering dont mean a thing. These guys have signed THOUSANDS of the HOF & Perez postcards. Legends just bought a few on the open market and put a number on them. And it wouldnt surprise me to find out there is only 1 Ruth and 1 Mantle in the whole product line. I almost view these as a scam.
OMG! I just looked these up on blowout. $78 for 1 auto! Yea its all a gamble. To the OP, while Yaz is a nice auto to get. Id be bummed at $78. You can get TONS of other Yaz certified autos for half that price. I feel real bad for the guy who get Rollie Fingers. Rollie will sign anything you send him for $5, seriously!

(03-08-2012, 08:27 PM)batusboyus Wrote: Wow dude. Send me your address so I can give you my cheerios to pee in. Wait, let me lay down so you can kick me. I think I got your point but just in case... Are you a fan of these? http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/dodgy.gif
If my post is peeing in your Cheerios. Then Id hate to see what happens to your Cheerios if you bought this product thinking its a good buy. Did you pull the Rollie? lol... Really Im just hoping to open some peoples eyes to this. These products really are a bad deal if your looking to get a "fair" value out of it. Most guys wont sell for half the pack price. They use the fancy frame a nice slab and the "artificial" scarcity numbering to lure uneducated buyers in. This product is all about the gamble and nothing about collecting. And if your in it for the gamble, then there is no reason to listen to me as you already know all this I would hope.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(03-08-2012, 08:27 PM)batusboyus Wrote: Wow dude. Send me your address so I can give you my cheerios to pee in. Wait, let me lay down so you can kick me. I think I got your point but just in case... Are you a fan of these? http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/dodgy.gif
LOL!