IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP - Best Autograph Set

NEED HELP - Best Autograph Set
Guys,

Need everyone's input.

If you want to collect Auto Cards what's the best set you have seen that has tons of stars, HOF?

For Rookies, is the best Bowman Chrome Each Year?

Thanks for everyones input.
[Image: gYJFXps.png]

RE: NEED HELP - Best Autograph Set
If you like older stuff, personally I am collecting 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game - AUTO. There are 94 cards in the set and it has a great cross section of HOF players and regular guys, Negro League stars; all on card autos. Not incredible eye appeal, but a pretty nice set that can be put together - a few sp and of course, the Holy Grail of the set, the Willie mays sp to /100.

I also love the 2009 Ultimate/ legendary Quad jersey and patch autos. There are four sets, and each card is fairly limited. I haven't met anyone else collecting them, although I am sure there are. Can be a bit pricey, with only a few cards under $50.

Anyway, I don't collect all autos of any other set - I cherry pick the ones I do like from each set. Just my opinion, but at least some input!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

(02-27-2012, 11:46 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: If you like older stuff, personally I am collecting 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game - AUTO. There are 94 cards in the set and it has a great cross section of HOF players and regular guys, Negro League stars; all on card autos. Not incredible eye appeal, but a pretty nice set that can be put together - a few sp and of course, the Holy Grail of the set, the Willie mays sp to /100.

I also love the 2009 Ultimate/ legendary Quad jersey and patch autos. There are four sets, and each card is fairly limited. I haven't met anyone else collecting them, although I am sure there are. Can be a bit pricey, with only a few cards under $50.

Anyway, I don't collect all autos of any other set - I cherry pick the ones I do like from each set. Just my opinion, but at least some input!
+1 on greats of the game, once i get alot of money i am going to try to put together every greats of the game auto set there was 1999-2004 i think, but that will be in a few years Smile

i like the archives sets that iconms completed...im working on the 2001 topps team legends. Reprints of rc and last yr cards with autos. Really nice looking

(02-28-2012, 08:29 AM)john1580 Wrote: i like the archives sets that iconms completed...im working on the 2001 topps team legends. Reprints of rc and last yr cards with autos. Really nice looking
Yea, the 2001 Topps Archives set is a really nice set of HOFers with on card autos. Stickers and holograms are ridiculously stupid IMO...lol

I'd say go for the 2008 Stadium Club Beam Team insert auto set, they're really neat looking.

[Image: 2008+Stadium+Club+Beam+Team+CJ+Wilson+auto.jpg]

heres what the team legends look like...i like the archives better too but this set has more cards so i thought it would be harder

[Image: IMG_1527.jpg]
[Image: cards002.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1470.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1503-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1475.jpg]

ive been working on my 2008 upper deck goudey sport royalty autos nice mix off diff stars from diff sports

My favorite autograph sets in terms of card design are:

99 SP Signature (One of my favorites design-wise though I think there are a fair number of "scrub" autos in the set)
[Image: spsignatureelduqueauto.jpg][Image: rolliesp.jpg]

01 Team Topps Legends (nice selection of past greats and nice throwback designs)
[Image: teamtoppslegendsslaughterauto.jpg][Image: teamtoppsmcdougaldauto.jpg]

05 Ultimate Signatures (Decades is the main set but the various duals are incredible. I think the dual are my favorite auto set, but there are some rare one and the sets will be EXPENSIVE)
[Image: doerrauto.jpg][Image: jetergwynn.jpg]
[Image: mccoveydual.jpg]

05 UD Heroes (another nice on-card auto set with alot of HOFers and stars, plus you can pick your favorite color, lol. The subset autos are also nice)
[Image: yountauto.jpg][Image: schmidtauto.jpg]

99 Epic Century Legends Autos (A great HOF auto set. I'm not really a fan of the ones that just have a huge picture of the players face on the card, but the action shot like this, which I have incoming, looks incredible)
[Image: scan0039-1.jpg]

Honorable mention: Any of the Heritage auto sets. The only problem with the sets is that numbers are limited and many of the autos of lesser known players go for way more than they should
Collecting everything of Jorge Posada, especially these:

97 Flair Row 0 Legacy /100
97 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold /30
97 Score Reserve (etched foil)
99 Bowman Chrome International Ref /100
99 Skybox Thunder Super Rave /25
03, 04, 10 Topps Black
08 Heritage Chrome Black Ref
07 & 08 Topps M&M

(03-01-2012, 01:34 AM)matsuicollector Wrote: My favorite autograph sets in terms of card design are:

99 Epic Century Legends Autos (A great HOF auto set. I'm not really a fan of the ones that just have a huge picture of the players face on the card, but the action shot like this, which I have incoming, looks incredible)
[Image: scan0039-1.jpg]
I also like this set. Here is mine with the nonaction shot.

[Image: banks.jpg]